Provident Credit Services buy a Shop Direct debt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter today from Provident Credit saying they have bought a Shop Direct debt I apparently owe from Phoenix/SARL. They are sending one of their "collectors" to my home to arrange a repayment plan.

But it is okay, they can turn it into one of their "loans" to make it easier for me.

I can't identify the original debt from the information they have provided. The only catalogue type debts I know of are from a few years ago and had no credit agreements. I am really confused.

Anyone got any idea. The last thing I want is a loan from these people with their hugh interest rates and I have know clue what debt this could be.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You don't have to take a loan out with anyone. Should they happen to turn up just tell them to go forth and make sure you don't sign anything.

As far as I am aware, Provident are not debt collectors, they are a loan company so the only way they are going to get any money is to turn this debt into a loan.

Any mail order catalogue is a form of credit agreement as you were allowed to pay over a set period. Although no interest was charged for most things, it still was a form of credit

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I believe I read that Provident now actually have a Credit Licence so that they can buy and collect other debts.

Surely though, they are contravening OFT guidelines in suggesting borrow more money to satisfy a debt.

I would hang onto that letter and report them online to OFT and TS at Consumer Direct

urm..........

same [problem] as greenwood/provident threads

totally ignore them

fleecing exercise

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So should I send them a letter saying I know nothing about this debt and to provide evidence of it? I do have a couple of old catalogue debts from years ago (some over six years, I think one under) but from the (lack of) information they have provided I haven't a clue.

I don't care about them turning up- I want to know whether they are trying to collect a really old debt and I have had no notice of assignment or anything like it.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

got the same letter, not sure what the debt is for, possibly a catologue debt, all my catolgue debts were put into dispute so they shouldn't be able to sell them on anyway? will send them the letter above.I already owe provident money from years ago which they are not chasing, so don't know why they want to give me this interest free loan with the possibilty of being offered more loans in the future. :x

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

All the one's I know of were put into dispute about two years ago at least as far as I know- due to lack of CCA. Because they do not give any specifics however, so I haven't a clue what this refers to either.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

pers i would not send them anything

they are just on a phishing trip

trying to get you to respond

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...