Compensation from bt ????

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At long last i decided on having a bt line installed with broadband. The appointment was booked for the 1/09/2010

so along came bt and said they cant do it because they need a hoist, being bloody minded

so they cancelled the job and said they will be back in a few days

bt came back six days later

now after having my service for three weeks, wednesday my broadband goes down, so i phone bt and they said it will be back up by friday, great, so i thought, thursday my phone line goes down, dead as a do do.

So no phone or broadband

bt customer services is a joke and it turns out my service has been cancelled, the reason

on the first appointment the engineer cancelled the install as a hoist was needed,

never mind ive had three weeks pleasure from a reliable bt service

they are now telling me it was a software glitch and that a new install appointment will be needed

in three weeks time

so what level of compensation do bt offer

Ring them again and record getting them to admit fault and length of inconvinience then put them on notice you intend to charge for cost of mobile dongle and mobile calls as well as for distress.

Mine went on for a few months with sky but they paid up 300.00 out of pocket expenses in the end. Worth a try as not fair to feel as frustrated as we do when line caput through incompetance xx

Disgusting that when they admit an error it is not pushed to top of pile for work to be carried out by openreach. You are and in my case also finding yourself having been given the standard 2-3 week notcie wait again and when I said surely there is something you can do, told no. Later found out that openreach do have emergency service but obviously costs more. I beleive the companies dont want to pay the fee to have to fight out who is responsible, ie openreach or bt etc... or as in my case sky/tesco openreach. You see I found the first time my line went dead that the put it back on due to medical reasons promptly but the second time it happened told nothing they could do, told by engineer on first visit there was an emergency service. So if they dont even in my experience rush through medical cases anymore, we are all doomed :(. Think down to openreach manpower in the end.xx

Mine is back up and running but tesco keep billing me in error and ask me to repeatedly pay money I dont owe due to their third party billing. Can I face the stress of openreach tampering again, dont think so for a while xx

You need to nag bt like hell :)

send an email of complaint tonight to BT CEO [email protected] and give a contact number - you will probably get a phone call from one of his team tomorrow

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I fought for my parents who had arranged to have bt put a line into their new property before they moved. The engineer failed to turn up so 'i phoned and asked why they said they would arrive the next day again they didnt. Finally on a sunday an engineer arrived and hooked them up. I called bt on the monday to complain and the girl tried fobbing me off with a small month line rental free. I persisted and asked for a supervisor, eventually after about the 4th call asking for manager i got one. She was apologetic for the bad service and offered over £180 in compensation for the inconvience. She waved the connection fee £ 130 so imagine my parents surprise when they received a bt bill with this fee on it. "Sorry we can't take something off until it has been added on the bill" was the response. I do worry that this company is a major company dealing with communication but they cant communicate between departments. Be persistent it will pay off

WELL WELL

IVE HAD AN EMAIL RESPONSE ALLREADY FROM THE CEO OF BT

I am sorry about the problems you have had. I will ask one of our service team to look into it and contact you to resolve matters.

Ian Livingston

ILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED ON DEVELOPMENTS

You'll probably get a phone call sometime today

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Well things are starting to move now

ive just received a call from the chairmans office and they are getting the problem sorted out today

she said she will ring me back before she goes home at six today

what a result

ill keep this thread updated on the next contact

Good stuff - it worked for me when I had a complaint :-)

Well things are starting to move now

ive just received a call from the chairmans office and they are getting the problem sorted out today

she said she will ring me back before she goes home at six today

what a result

ill keep this thread updated on the next contact

Was it Pauline Royle?

Hello Mr

Thanks for getting in touch with Ian Livingston.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with BT. I'll do everything I can to sort this out as quickly as possible.

As agreed I'll call you later today. In the meantime you can reach me on or drop me an email at I’m usually in the office Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm.

Speak soon,

Christine Day

Executive Level Complaints - BT Retail

HI ELL-ENN

IT IS CHRISTINE DAY DEALING WITH THIS AS THE EMAIL SHOWS

SENT SECOND EMAIL ABOUT ONE TODAY AS NO RESPONSE YET

STILL WAITING

Edited by postggj

Excellent ! look forward to your update :-)

result

bt engineer came today and phone now up and running, but with a new number.

Cant complain though as ive only had the number for 3 weeks anyway

complaint went to the ceo of bt on friday

phone up and running today

thanks ell-enn for the link

Good result !