tehbb

HSBC and the fee for a signature

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3602 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I am tantalizingly close concluding the ridiculously protracted fiasco that has been the financial settlement from my divorce, I lose the house to his mother, (long story, won't bore you with it) and while the mortgage was in his name only, the deeds are in both, now his jaw droppingly incompetent conveyancing sol has finally, after holding MY settlement in their client account for nearly six weeks, admitted to my vendors estate agent that she has only recently applied to HSBC to check if I was named on the mortgage, they, after 12 days, have just checked with the Land Registry that I was on the deeds, and have now emailed me the form to sign that I give consent to have my name removed and want me to sign that I acknowledge that my conveyancing solicitor will bill me directly for the privilege! What I wondered was could anyone tell me please what extortionate amount I can expect to pay for this signature

Thanks