halifax easycash Unpaid item Fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

i am about to be hit with £90 pounds of Unpaid item Fees £15x6

thease are all standing orders at £5 under. how can halifax justerfry charging £15 for a Unpaid item Fees for a

standing order that is £2.50.

easycast accounts can not have a overdraft on them but, if the bank is about to take £90 in chrages are halifax breaking there own T's&C's my making my account go in a overdraft.

i am on benfits and i sent them a notice of approriation as, there is no way i can pay that much in chages.

hi, the halifax will indeed rob you blind with thier fees , get the hell out of there. cancel all your d/d if you internet banking you can cancel them with instant affect, otherwise go to your local branch and demand they are canceled. it is important that you cancel these or you will indeed continue to be robbed !!!!!

They did the same on one account with me when I was with them five years ago and arguing about it while the fees climbed did nothing except make their pockets heavier with my money.

My advice would be to transfer your account and read the pages on these forums for advice on a good bank - I have heard the Co-Op treats their customers fairly but have no way of checking if this is true.

a letter of notice of approriation , has been sent on friday, 24th sept 1st class recorded. so far £45 has been taken in chargers.

i will post a update when i hear somethink back.

untill then, what the best thing for me to do?

They did the same on one account with me when I was with them five years ago and arguing about it while the fees climbed did nothing except make their pockets heavier with my money.

My advice would be to transfer your account and read the pages on these forums for advice on a good bank - I have heard the Co-Op treats their customers fairly but have no way of checking if this is true.

hello i have been looking at the co-op and there charge £20 for unpaid item. £5 more then the haliafx!

Open a Natwest Step Account. They charge £5 for unpaid d/ds. They also give you the facility that they do not bounce an item until the close of business on that day, so if for instance your d/d is £2.50 but the money isn't in the account it gives you the opportunity to go and correct the matter.

• 3 weeks later...

update, now got letter from the Halifax, say that fees will still come out of my account. £45 was refunded in to my account only to be taken for the 2nd set of £45 pounds for 3 more unpaid DD's or SO's.

my benefit is now paid in to a different bank and as far as i can see, Halifax ignored has notice of appropriation letter