Veolia Water - complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

For the last 18 months I have been at a loss to explain how Veolia Water (prev. Three Valleys Water) have been getting metre readings on my metre as it is inside my house and we have not answered the phone to them. I was sure I was in the last time the metre was read as I heard the letterbox go and saw a man walking away with a meter reader device in his hand. Anyway as its been annoying me the thought of them reading my metre through the letterbox I decided to phone and enquire how they have been getting my readings. Turns out I was right they have admitted they have on file "metre read through letterbox", there is a number of concerns I have with this and am not happy at all! I am quite often home alone with two small children and if it is dark i wont always open the door, if I saw someone peering through my letterbox I would be pretty scared and freaked out.

Are they actually allowed to do this?!

Thanks

J x

Hi stressed

Have you moved in recently? It might of been an arrangement that the old occupier came too. Simply right to them and tell them to stop. Tell them it's no longer

conveinent for them to do that. It's invading your personal space.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

That is the strange thing we moved in 5 years ago and the water meter was installed after we moved in. To begin with a card was left if we were not in until about 18-24months ago when despite neither my partner or myself actually letting them in we got actual bills rather than estimates. Therefore, we can only assume an over enthusiastic meter reader has actually been peering through our letterbox to discover they could actually do this! I have to admit all the people i have spoken to in the meter reading department have all been really helpful and were pretty shocked themselves that this was actually going on and the man who is looking into it has said that in all the time he has worked there he has seen nothing like it.

Anyways they have left a note on file, having removed the other one to ask that if no one in they leave a card. As the meter is due to be read in the next couple of weeks only time will tell if this happens.

Stressed.