• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HFO/citicard

bsj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I put the account in dispute long ago,it was after i put into dispute they sent what they deem a true copy of the CCA,i'll try to scan it up,my PC skills are very poor though,there are 19 pages all told do i have to scan them all ?.

We had to yet again re-send the SAR,still waiting on it's return,citi insisted a bank statement be sent as ID.I'm beginning to think citi don't want to comply with the request as they stall every time, 3 times now.

The thing is my chick is now in a private rent,the tenancy is not in their name,so we think they found them via the credit check when applying for the tenancy.

Edited by bsj

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bsj

Without trawling through your thread, can you tell me if the OC was CitiCard or Associates?

Alan

It's Citicard.

Should i re-send the account in dispute letter,i am updating my complaint to the OFT .

The letter also states chick would find it difficult to make a defense as a payment was made on the account although they don't state when.

That's why i badly need the sar,i hope Citi play ball this time,it's getting me down now.

Yes resend the account in dispute letter, further complaint to the OFT and chase up the SAR, if they don,t play ball report them to the ICO, if HFO start legal action we have plenty on them.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Preparing another account in dispute letter to send in the morning,i have been reading as many of the threads as i can.

I noticed one of the posts i read that citi are not good at keeping paperwork.

I have downloaded the reports on their licence renewel being minded to revoke by the OFT.

Even with that hanging over them they still behave in an attrocious manner and carry on with their threats outside of the guidlines laid down.

I hav'ent been to well for a while and am finding this hard slog now.

I will upload the CCA as soon as i get a spare minute to work out how to put it up.

Would imageshack be the best way to upload it to here?

I hate to tell you this, but it took me two years to get my SAR from CitiCard. I went through ICO and the courts. The courts were as much use as a chocolate teapot. They were going to find in Citi's favour, until I told them that ICO were also involved. After that the courts kept staying the claim, until ICO found in my favour. Even then Citi ignored ICO's request, until they were threatened with further action by ICO.

I hope you have better luck.

Alan

The problem with Citi is when they aquired a raft of card accounts

such as Associates Capital Corp, they fouled up and mixed bu thousands of accounts

they had at one time a massive archive of data.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Alan....

I'm actually releived to read this in a perverse sense......i thought it was me doing something wrong.

Now i know it's not me,i'll wait and see how things pan out with the forth request if they are not forthcoming i will report to the ICO.

My first thought was that they don't have the documentation so can't comply........

I'll be posting the CCA in a bit, got it on the PC......now to get it here...........:)

• 1 month later...

Just to update,we've received the sar.

I'll be going through it this evening once i pick it up from chick.

Sorry guys i've been so busy i forgot to post up the CCA.

I'll get it done later and report back anything of interest in the sar.

They have enclosed copies of correspondence from chick,the last being the request itself.

It states they have not provided copies of the terms and conditions as they are not within the definition of personal data for the purpose of the data protection act. What doe's that mean??

The letter actually states they cannot locate the application form under the account number given. do i take that to mean they have no CCA??

If thats the case HFO have sent one with terms and conditions Fraudulently??

A number of statements are enclosed,but no default notice although they do say the account was sold to HFO in feb 2006.

The last payment on this account was made in may of 2005.

I sent HFO a letter Re consumer credit (agreements) regs 1983,they returned it with a big question mark at the top of the letter,heard nothing from them since.

Sorry to all those that have been helping for the long delay's inbetween post's but i was waiting on the SAR and my personal life has been a little crazy,so i have to find the time to deal with all of this on top of everthing else.

You input is greatly appreiciated i can assure you.

Get the stat barred letter of, and make sure

you state that the debt is statute barred and YOU WILL NOT BE OFFERING

OR MAKING ANY PAYMENT.

That kills it stone dead.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If the last payment was May 2005 it makes it stat barred.

Yes BA it do'es,what i find interesting is HFO has had this account since 2006,they started to chase it 2009 they had plenty of time to take court action and did'nt.

So now i will be sending the statute barred letter.

Thank you ba for the link,this i'm going to enjoy:-):whoo:

Nice result for Chick! Cracking!

I got the same thing from Citi - they are correct that they do not have to send the 'made up recon' they did for HFO as part of the SAR and they have sod all in the way of documentation anyway!

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Have a look at post #20 in the thread posted above.

Wow they actually replied,i bet that felt soooooo good for the member........that letter is the first i seen here,must be rare as hens teeth (sorry):-)

HFO, and others, will try their luck to extract money from anyone for anything. They buy old debt up, often close to the expiry of the 6 year limit, but bombard the (alleged) debtor with stuff to try and make them pay up.

If the (alleged) debtor pays them something then they will grab that and insist on more and more, which is why I have always said not to pay any DCA unless they can prove that your own THEM money and they have the LEGAL RIGHT to collect. Sadly, they are able to put a sort-of court bundle together and gain judgement by default, which scuppers a lot of people unless they know about set-aside and so on.

Thankfully, CAG is here and there's a healthy HFO fan club :wave: to help. Variations on the phrase 'go away' do wonders with their Indian call centre, who then start being silly and make threats that are totally out of order. The last one I spoke to called my mobile when I was coming out of anaesthetic in the hospital. I don't think I made much sense to him and dropped the phone anyway.

For anyone wishing to call HFO, forget the 0845 number they put out - try the real UK number 020 8417 8100. No - DON'T, never speak to a DCA on the phone - CAG Rule One.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Nice result for Chick! Cracking!

I got the same thing from Citi - they are correct that they do not have to send the 'made up recon' they did for HFO as part of the SAR and they have sod all in the way of documentation anyway!

I have a very relieved chick.I could'nt of done this without the HFO fan club.

Chick took me to dinner to say thank you so i raised a very nice glass of rose to you all in way of thanks for the help and advice along the way.

It was hard slog getting the SAR but our persistance paid off.

HFO, and others, will try their luck to extract money from anyone for anything. They buy old debt up, often close to the expiry of the 6 year limit, but bombard the (alleged) debtor with stuff to try and make them pay up.

If the (alleged) debtor pays them something then they will grab that and insist on more and more, which is why I have always said not to pay any DCA unless they can prove that your own THEM money and they have the LEGAL RIGHT to collect. Sadly, they are able to put a sort-of court bundle together and gain judgement by default, which scuppers a lot of people unless they know about set-aside and so on.

Thankfully, CAG is here and there's a healthy HFO fan club :wave: to help. Variations on the phrase 'go away' do wonders with their Indian call centre, who then start being silly and make threats that are totally out of order. The last one I spoke to called my mobile when I was coming out of anaesthetic in the hospital. I don't think I made much sense to him and dropped the phone anyway.

For anyone wishing to call HFO, forget the 0845 number they put out - try the real UK number 020 8417 8100. No - DON'T, never speak to a DCA on the phone - CAG Rule One.

These people are a particularly nasty bunch,i had the misfortune of speaking to them after they did a search on me and rang me on my ex-directory number.

They did'nt call back after my hubby rang them and told them where to go :-).

The thing i can't get my head around is they have had this alleged debt since 2006,plenty of time to take court action if they so wished.

The mind boggles just to how this company still has a credit licence.The tactics they use are beyond the realms of my comprehension and i must admit to feeling intimidated by them at first,that soon resolved once i found members here going through the same thing.

You know the nicest thing out of all of this,is people i have never met in the real world gave up their time to assist,i really can't be thankful enough,neither can chick.

Statute barred letter is in the post.

Thanks, we know how this company operates, what you now need to do is to complain to the Office of Fair Trading, reminding them that HFO are under a 'minded to revoke licence' status and they have been chasing this non-debt with you.

Get your complaint in pronto.