HFO/citicard

bsj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I put the account in dispute long ago,it was after i put into dispute they sent what they deem a true copy of the CCA,i'll try to scan it up,my PC skills are very poor though,there are 19 pages all told do i have to scan them all ?.

We had to yet again re-send the SAR,still waiting on it's return,citi insisted a bank statement be sent as ID.I'm beginning to think citi don't want to comply with the request as they stall every time, 3 times now.

The thing is my chick is now in a private rent,the tenancy is not in their name,so we think they found them via the credit check when applying for the tenancy.

Edited by bsj

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bsj

Without trawling through your thread, can you tell me if the OC was CitiCard or Associates?

Alan

It's Citicard.

Should i re-send the account in dispute letter,i am updating my complaint to the OFT .

The letter also states chick would find it difficult to make a defense as a payment was made on the account although they don't state when.

That's why i badly need the sar,i hope Citi play ball this time,it's getting me down now.

Yes resend the account in dispute letter, further complaint to the OFT and chase up the SAR, if they don,t play ball report them to the ICO, if HFO start legal action we have plenty on them.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Preparing another account in dispute letter to send in the morning,i have been reading as many of the threads as i can.

I noticed one of the posts i read that citi are not good at keeping paperwork.

I have downloaded the reports on their licence renewel being minded to revoke by the OFT.

Even with that hanging over them they still behave in an attrocious manner and carry on with their threats outside of the guidlines laid down.

I hav'ent been to well for a while and am finding this hard slog now.

I will upload the CCA as soon as i get a spare minute to work out how to put it up.

Would imageshack be the best way to upload it to here?

I hate to tell you this, but it took me two years to get my SAR from CitiCard. I went through ICO and the courts. The courts were as much use as a chocolate teapot. They were going to find in Citi's favour, until I told them that ICO were also involved. After that the courts kept staying the claim, until ICO found in my favour. Even then Citi ignored ICO's request, until they were threatened with further action by ICO.

I hope you have better luck.

Alan

The problem with Citi is when they aquired a raft of card accounts

such as Associates Capital Corp, they fouled up and mixed bu thousands of accounts

they had at one time a massive archive of data.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Alan....

I'm actually releived to read this in a perverse sense......i thought it was me doing something wrong.

Now i know it's not me,i'll wait and see how things pan out with the forth request if they are not forthcoming i will report to the ICO.

My first thought was that they don't have the documentation so can't comply........

I'll be posting the CCA in a bit, got it on the PC......now to get it here...........:)

• 1 month later...

Just to update,we've received the sar.

I'll be going through it this evening once i pick it up from chick.

Sorry guys i've been so busy i forgot to post up the CCA.

I'll get it done later and report back anything of interest in the sar.

They have enclosed copies of correspondence from chick,the last being the request itself.

It states they have not provided copies of the terms and conditions as they are not within the definition of personal data for the purpose of the data protection act. What doe's that mean??

The letter actually states they cannot locate the application form under the account number given. do i take that to mean they have no CCA??

If thats the case HFO have sent one with terms and conditions Fraudulently??

A number of statements are enclosed,but no default notice although they do say the account was sold to HFO in feb 2006.

The last payment on this account was made in may of 2005.

I sent HFO a letter Re consumer credit (agreements) regs 1983,they returned it with a big question mark at the top of the letter,heard nothing from them since.

Sorry to all those that have been helping for the long delay's inbetween post's but i was waiting on the SAR and my personal life has been a little crazy,so i have to find the time to deal with all of this on top of everthing else.

You input is greatly appreiciated i can assure you.

Get the stat barred letter of, and make sure

you state that the debt is statute barred and YOU WILL NOT BE OFFERING

OR MAKING ANY PAYMENT.

That kills it stone dead.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If the last payment was May 2005 it makes it stat barred.

Yes BA it do'es,what i find interesting is HFO has had this account since 2006,they started to chase it 2009 they had plenty of time to take court action and did'nt.

So now i will be sending the statute barred letter.

Thank you ba for the link,this i'm going to enjoy:-):whoo:

Nice result for Chick! Cracking!

I got the same thing from Citi - they are correct that they do not have to send the 'made up recon' they did for HFO as part of the SAR and they have sod all in the way of documentation anyway!

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Have a look at post #20 in the thread posted above.

Wow they actually replied,i bet that felt soooooo good for the member........that letter is the first i seen here,must be rare as hens teeth (sorry):-)

HFO, and others, will try their luck to extract money from anyone for anything. They buy old debt up, often close to the expiry of the 6 year limit, but bombard the (alleged) debtor with stuff to try and make them pay up.

If the (alleged) debtor pays them something then they will grab that and insist on more and more, which is why I have always said not to pay any DCA unless they can prove that your own THEM money and they have the LEGAL RIGHT to collect. Sadly, they are able to put a sort-of court bundle together and gain judgement by default, which scuppers a lot of people unless they know about set-aside and so on.

Thankfully, CAG is here and there's a healthy HFO fan club :wave: to help. Variations on the phrase 'go away' do wonders with their Indian call centre, who then start being silly and make threats that are totally out of order. The last one I spoke to called my mobile when I was coming out of anaesthetic in the hospital. I don't think I made much sense to him and dropped the phone anyway.

For anyone wishing to call HFO, forget the 0845 number they put out - try the real UK number 020 8417 8100. No - DON'T, never speak to a DCA on the phone - CAG Rule One.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Nice result for Chick! Cracking!

I got the same thing from Citi - they are correct that they do not have to send the 'made up recon' they did for HFO as part of the SAR and they have sod all in the way of documentation anyway!

I have a very relieved chick.I could'nt of done this without the HFO fan club.

Chick took me to dinner to say thank you so i raised a very nice glass of rose to you all in way of thanks for the help and advice along the way.

It was hard slog getting the SAR but our persistance paid off.

HFO, and others, will try their luck to extract money from anyone for anything. They buy old debt up, often close to the expiry of the 6 year limit, but bombard the (alleged) debtor with stuff to try and make them pay up.

If the (alleged) debtor pays them something then they will grab that and insist on more and more, which is why I have always said not to pay any DCA unless they can prove that your own THEM money and they have the LEGAL RIGHT to collect. Sadly, they are able to put a sort-of court bundle together and gain judgement by default, which scuppers a lot of people unless they know about set-aside and so on.

Thankfully, CAG is here and there's a healthy HFO fan club :wave: to help. Variations on the phrase 'go away' do wonders with their Indian call centre, who then start being silly and make threats that are totally out of order. The last one I spoke to called my mobile when I was coming out of anaesthetic in the hospital. I don't think I made much sense to him and dropped the phone anyway.

For anyone wishing to call HFO, forget the 0845 number they put out - try the real UK number 020 8417 8100. No - DON'T, never speak to a DCA on the phone - CAG Rule One.

These people are a particularly nasty bunch,i had the misfortune of speaking to them after they did a search on me and rang me on my ex-directory number.

They did'nt call back after my hubby rang them and told them where to go :-).

The thing i can't get my head around is they have had this alleged debt since 2006,plenty of time to take court action if they so wished.

The mind boggles just to how this company still has a credit licence.The tactics they use are beyond the realms of my comprehension and i must admit to feeling intimidated by them at first,that soon resolved once i found members here going through the same thing.

You know the nicest thing out of all of this,is people i have never met in the real world gave up their time to assist,i really can't be thankful enough,neither can chick.

Statute barred letter is in the post.

Thanks, we know how this company operates, what you now need to do is to complain to the Office of Fair Trading, reminding them that HFO are under a 'minded to revoke licence' status and they have been chasing this non-debt with you.

Get your complaint in pronto.