HFO/citicard

bsj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It dawned on me last night that these cretins must have carried out an illegal search on me to get my details.

They tried telling me my chick gave them my details,i know that would'nt happenThe caller also stated he has a recording of the conversation with chick from monday.......how do we obtain that recording under data protection or Freedom of information?.

I'm checking my credit report too,if they searched it it will show.

Hi

An immediate and very strongly worded complaint to OFT and Consumer Direct is in order as they should never be speaking to a third party about someone else's debt irrespective of how they got your details.

Think about who has your phone number. Do the credit reference agencies have it from you applying for a credit report?

A SAR request to HFO is probably a waste of time in my experience better to hit them with complaints.

Edited by coledog

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

To add - get details of time and date of calls, numbers called from, callers name, what they said etc. A quick letter headed 'Complaint' from you to the muppets stating that you were contacted about some else's matter would not go amiss and you can copy this to the relevant authorities. Add that you want to know how they obtained your number and ask for it to be removed from their system. Ask for a copy of their 'complaints procedure' :lol: they will probably ignore this but it is the correct process to follow.

Give them '28 days' to reply. You can make a complaint to the ICO but you are supposed to have made a complaint to the company concerned first.

'Don't get mad get even'

Edited by coledog

donate

To add - get details of time and date of calls, numbers called from, callers name, what they said etc. A quick letter headed 'Complaint' from you to the muppets stating that you were contacted about some else's matter would not go amiss and you can copy this to the relevant authorities. Add that you want to know how they obtained your number and ask for it to be removed from their system. Ask for a copy of their 'complaints procedure' :lol: they will probably ignore this but it is the correct process to follow.

Give them '28 days' to reply. You can make a complaint to the ICO but you are supposed to have made a complaint to the company concerned first.

'Don't get mad get even'

Iv'e just been "interfering on your your thread:lol:.

All sound advice coledog thankyou ,i'll send a complaint to HFO and ask for their complaints procedure.

Iv'e complained to everyone else,it'll back my complaint to the ICO about them.

I'm applying for a copy of my credit report to clarify if they searched it.My phone number would be there.

Although i have not applied for a credit report at my current address i guess it would be updated when i changed my address with my bank as it shows on my report.

I sent the SAR to citi not hfo,like you say there's no point dealing with them for paperwork.

Edited by bsj

Letter this morning,i think i may of upset them a little not only are they threatening court action they are going to request a warrant of execution:!:.............iv'e sent them my request to be beheaded never did like the idea of the ducking stool........not for a motherhen:lol:.

Presume this is to 'chick' not you personally. Is it from HFO or Turnbull etc? Probably need you to supply a bit more information or scan it (removing all personal information).

donate

Letter this morning,i think i may of upset them a little not only are they threatening court action they are going to request a warrant of execution:!:.............iv'e sent them my request to be beheaded never did like the idea of the ducking stool........not for a motherhen:lol:.

They cannot apply for a warrant of execution until they obtain a CCJ, looks like you have touched a nerve.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

A warrant of execution will only help if the defendant has:

• enough goods at the address you give which could be sold at auction to raise money for you; or
  • all the money you are claiming for on the warrant (to stop goods being sold).

Before the court can issue a warrant, the defendant must have:

• failed to pay the amount he or she has been ordered to pay; or
  • fallen behind with at least one of his or her payments.

This is called 'being in arrears'.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Tell your chick to watch out for a revamped trick of HFOs, they are now sending out cards supposedly from a delivery service saying there are sensitive documents to be delivered and to contact them on xxx number, card posted second class with an SW19 (Wimbledon, Surrey) postmark.

I think you ought to watch out for one of these too as they seem to have your details.

The company name they are using this time around is FirstPoint Deliveries, they used to use First Logistics Direct...

Presume this is to 'chick' not you personally. Is it from HFO or Turnbull etc? Probably need you to supply a bit more information or scan it (removing all personal information).

Sorry coledog,yes to my chick.

I'll gladly scan it up,give me mo to work it out.

Tell your chick to watch out for a revamped trick of HFOs, they are now sending out cards supposedly from a delivery service saying there are sensitive documents to be delivered and to contact them on xxx number, card posted second class with an SW19 (Wimbledon, Surrey)

postmark.

I think you ought to watch out for one of these too as they seem to have your details.

The company name they are using this time around is FirstPoint Deliveries, they used to use First Logistics Direct...

I will certainly be on my guard for this tatic,i read coledogs thread about it this morning.

All mail is coming to my address,they don't seem to like the fact i won't give a forwarding address for my chick......so they are upping their game,the letter this morning was very intimidating to anyone that does'nt this DCA and it's tatics.

I'm still fuming that they got my details,at the moment it's driving me.

Very similar to the letter I got with the personal documents attached to it although there are a few more threats inserted in this one - probably because it has not got the house pictures etc attached. Just another example of their nasty underhand tactics/mindgames. Await the replies to your letters - or not, then tell them 'account in dispute'.

Have you taken the HFO muppets name off or did it come like that?

donate

I can only think that they know my chick does'nt live with me and just maybe there is no paper work.

It did have a name of contact but i removed it,as chick has been assigned this person to personally contact,i just want to be caustious as i know they read these forums.From what i gather from other threads they probably won't bother to reply to the CCA request.

Iv'e forwarded the letter to trading standards.

If you get no response, go for the second letter and keep at them, you have the full support of the HFO fan club, so just shout for any advice, we are always here.

Looking at this letter again it needs to be reported to OFT and the ICO - also the solicitors reg body. For this to have been written by a company run by a solicitor is disgusting and the threats break OFT guidelines big time! It says we 'will' take legal action and we 'will' send in bailiffs when there is no proof of a debt being owed. Bailliffs and attachment of earnings cannot be requested unless a court order is given and the terms broken. If they had added 'we will freeze your bank accounts' we would have had a full set of empty threats!

We are currently in the process of reviewing your account and preparing an in depth information dossier on your current financial situation

What do they mean by that?

HFO may also instruct its solicitors to secure an Order to Obtain Information against you,

I have never heard of anyone trying to do this unless it is a crime or massive fraud.

the court might consider taking a stern action against you

The court is there as much to protect the defendents interests as those of these muppets. What are they going to do clap you in irons?

You have made payments in the past and it is unlikely that you will be able to raise a credible defence to legal action

Have any payments been made to HFO? It doesn't matter as anyone would make payments if they get these threats.

I worry about the people who get these letters who don't seek advice about them.

Edited by coledog

donate

Freeze bank accounts? When has a DCA EVER been able to do that? Only a court can do that – or a bank!

Quite right, Coledog, all these letters need reporting. I wish I could report it for you – but we rely on the victims to do it. Perhaps we should draft specific complaints letters for specific pap from HFO?

I agree with you coledog.......it's letters like this that force people to pay up on debts that hfo know are statute barred too.

I fond the letter very disturbing to tell the truth.It's letters of this nature that push some people to take their lives.

The usual"may" is clearly deliberatly replaced with "will".

I'm gradually going through the fat file chick handed to me,one letter from hfo has alot of writing on it relating to phone calls to chick in 2006.There is no mention of a payment amount.

Chick cannot remember if any payment was made to them.I really do need this info but i don't trust hfo to be truthful regarding payments made to them.

I have so much to sort out,what i have done is CCA all the creditors,not the DCA's.

Hfo are the only ones putting on the thumb screws at the moment,i'm sure others will come out of the wood work.

They are ringing my chick constantly the harrassment letter seems to have been ignored,srtict instuctions have been given not to take their calls.

I cannot believe they are still sending these letters out. I sent mine to OFT et al with a strong complaint letter but this one is worse and totally inacurate. The poster needs to point out that they are disputing the account and have received no proof that the money is owed. The purpose is to frighten and intimidate the unwary into paying money that they may not actually owe - therefore it is close to extortion. Surely it is obvious to OFT that this breaks their guidelines?

donate

Freeze bank accounts? When has a DCA EVER been able to do that? Only a court can do that – or a bank!

Quite right, Coledog, all these letters need reporting. I wish I could report it for you – but we rely on the victims to do it. Perhaps we should draft specific complaints letters for specific pap from HFO?

That donkey is a brilliant idea.

I have reported the letter and it's content.

I'm just glad i found you good peoples here,i still worry about the ones that try to go it alone.poor peeps, they must suffer terribly when they get letters like these.