sj01

esa work focused apointment.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3602 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I am in the work focused group of ESA.

Next month I am going to an appointment with ATOS, the letter says to talk about my future work prospects.

Has any one had one of these follow up appointments? It also says on the letter that this meeting will not effect my benefits, yeah right.

I have never been told how long I am in this group for before I have to be assessed again and to be honest I'm too scared to ask. I want to keep my head down and hope they forget me.

Any advise would be welcome, Thanks.

Hello. I don't remember anyone mentioning going to one of these, maybe someone else will. I know it's a normal part of the system though and hopefully won't be anything to worry about.

With luck, someone with detailed knowledge will be along later.

My best, HB

• Haha 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

This refers to a WFHRA (Work Focused Health Related Assessment). These were part of the original plan for ESA, but the shear volume of people claiming meant that, in some areas, they were suspended for a time. They're now restarting - at least, that's the latest information I have which, admittedly, may be a few months out of date.

The stated intention is to review what work options may be available to you, what accommodations you might need from a potential employer, that sort of thing. I have no idea if they achieve their stated purpose or not. The fact that they're conducted by ATOS doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

But in any case, this cannot be used to stop your payments unless you fail to attend the interview. So, as a former ESA processor, my advice would be that you should show up and go through the motions. To do otherwise would create a whole lot of trouble for yourself.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi,

I will turn up.

I was just wondering if this was when ATOS decided how long I have until I am reassessed.

Thanks

Edit to add: This post is a reply to sj01.

No, it's not. Technically speaking, it's the DWP, not ATOS, who decides when you'll be reassessed - the WFHRA isn't part of that process. It's most likely that your reassessment date has already been decided and entered into at least two computer systems, so while I can understand the desire to have no more contact with the DWP than is necessary, getting in touch with them and asking would be a useful thing to do. At least you could be prepared, rather than have that letter arrive out of the blue.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks Antone,

Its stupid that a grown woman in her 50's can be reduced to a nervous wreck just at the thought of contact with the DWP.

I suppose I am scared to know when I have to go through this whole process again.

Thanks for your help.