• Tweets

• So what happened to their claim ...as per my last post?
    • Evening    firstly, apologies if I’ve not posted in the right category    looking for assistance and advice with a boundary line issue regarding a new fence installation that I have got a builder to complete and the adjourning neighbour is now complaining that my gutter pipe is now visual to them    to describe the set up, I have a conservatory that has a gutter pipe the feeds across and then down the side and was previously concealed from the neighbours view but a timber fence panel (no view to us as on other side of conservatory panel) - the rest of the old fencing was that old green wire type fence so zero privacy. The new fencing is a 4 ft timber fence with 1ft trellis on top including new concrete posts and footing.  Our conservatory was built mid 90s, a few years ago the neighbour built a house extension with patio and both the house extension and patio went right up to the party wall - not fussed about that.  However because of this, there is no longer enough available space to fit a smaller timber panel to conceal the gutter from their view.   the gutter is well inside of my property but probably close to the party wall now   am I right in thinking that I am not legally obliged to do anything as the gutter flow doesn’t affect their property as it continues to flow into my garden and drain appropriate and all they are concerned about is a standard white pipe on view - there is nothing in the covenant to say they are entitled to right of a view    I plan on asking the builder to leave the yellow boundary string up as evidence that the pipe is not on the property and neither is the flow.    I am plan on requesting that they not alter the side of the fence in any way on their side because like the rest, it’s on my side of the boy arch and not with the party wall    in the space of 2 days, they have shouted at my builder many times in a day and had some suited old guy visit - not sure how VIP they were as no one would visit from the borough that quickly    I just want to do things legally, morally but with a sprinkle of not caving for an relatively easy life    any help much appreciated    cheers 
    • There was no money issues between us as I always gave money when he asked and he did ask in accordance with the contract agreement, when he went out of contract agreement was when he was begging to want to pay staff on Project2, I was not happy but had sympathy. I was not happy that he slapped the cheques in my face but  i didn't get upset because I wanted him to finish his work. Relationship never broke down as such, he wanted more money than I gave him because he never complete the work and trying to want payment,  but he didn't know how to go about it, and this frustrate him i believe.  I would say i noticed his discomfort with me around the 18/09/2020.   I am looking for Quantity surveyor to assess the cost of restoration of the uncompleted work. Dont know how soon i can get this done but I am racing.
    • Ok listen youve got almost everything thinking wise wrong. forget about red notices forget about going bk forget about using scamming solicitors.   you simply inform the original creditors of your correct and correct address.   you ignore the silly debt collectors and their solicitor mates. nothing they can ever do. A dca is not a BAILIFF and only the original banks can do court etc.   there are 100's of uae threads here. i suggest you get up to current speed and read them.   stop panicking and read crap websites and forums stick to cag only.   Dx
    • If you refer to the order...nowhere is there any reference to original claim. A claim was submitted and a defence was submitted along with a part 20 counter claim. Simeon1964 will have to refresh us what was the outcome at that stage and was the original claim struck out or withdrawn or discontinued whatever......there is no reference to original claim in this or the original topic. Only that a counter a claim was submitted and the claimant failed to respond to the counter claim hence the Judgment.   The order refers at point 1. The claimant is given relief from sanctions of the order of DJ Moss of 19th July 2021 (what the sanctions were I surmise the judgment of the Part 20 counter claim and failing to submit a defence) because the judgment of that same date is then set a side at point 2.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Anyone ever tried to claim back mis-sold ID Theft Protection?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I received a Barclaycard they sold ID Theft Protection as well as PPI. I am claiming back the PPI but was wondering about the ID Theft Protection.

What angered me about it is that every year they took the payment of about £70 (yearly paymnet) from the card, even when there was no money in the account! That left me over limit for a couple of months until I could afford to clear it. It happened more than once.

Guest what? They levied over limit charges, surprise, surprise!! I am claiming these charges back, especially seeing that many of them is a direct result of the mis-sold PPI and these ID Theft Protection payments. I expect them to refuse refunding the charges but was wondering, what about claiming back these ID Theft Protection payments?

Anyone ever tried that?

Edited by lord_tiger_putin

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One