Natwest allowing payments from a cancelled debit card

theotherside
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I reported a card lost a year ago and noticed today a payment has been taken from it by lending stream. I asked how they can take a payment on an old cancelled card and they said if they have taken payments previously, they can do it again!

Time to go to the Co-op bank i think

Write a stiff letter to Nat West stating

"LETTER BEFORE ACTION"

I write further to the payment taken from card xxx which was reported as stolen on xxx date and subsequently cancelled.

There has been an unauthorised payment taken using this card on xxx date - I hereby put the bank on notice that I am reporting the matter as FRAUD and will be needing the FULL details of the transaction, including the bank account details of the claimant.

I would also like this letter to be a formal complaint about the lack of security on your cancelled card system - I was informed by a staff member that 'because I had previously given the details to the company they were entitled to use them at any time'.

As my bank account has now become compromised I need a new bank account number from you as I do not wish to have my financial security threatened.

A copy of this letter is going to the following institutions

Banking Ombudsman

Financial Services Association

Financial Services Authority

Trading Standards

Office of Fair Trading

Ministry of Justice

Police Economic Crime Unit (this is where you should report the 'theft' of the money to...)

I wish the bank to give me the new account details as soon as possible, and a new debit card to use with this account.

I also wish the bank to send me the EXACT term/condition they rely on when I was told that 'because I had given the card details it could still be used even though it was cancelled" as I wish to challenge this under the Unfair Terms and Conditions act.

I also wish the bank to send me their complaints procedure.

Yours disgustedly