Re-starting ESA claim

GRUMPYOLEMAN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been having a chat with a few on here and have thought that maybe I should ask this question.

I am looking for advice on my situation.

I claimed ESA in 2009. I had a medical in December 2009 which failed me and I appealed in January 2010.

With time going on and being told that the Tribunal would hear my case after six months I waitied.

June came and went then July. I telephoned the Tribunal in August and they said that there is a backlog and that it could be a couple of months more before I heard anything.

I got fed up with waiting so I cancelled the appeal and signed on the dole for JSA.

When I was intervieved I was told that I had to look for work and be prepared for working 40hrs per week. I though OK, I suppose this is what happens. Anyhow I got a contract which said what I had to do and what the Jobcentre would do for me.

I have applied for quite a few jobs both nothing has come of it.

Anyhow it has got to the position that I cannot cope with this much longer and the walking around places asking for work is really causing havoc with my health.

I am considering going back on the ESA but am worried about how am I going to explain that I am ill with the same complaint which hasn't changed for the better or worse yet only a few weeks earlier had said to the Jobcentre that I was fit enought to do a 40 hr week. The two don't go together, well in my mind they don't.

Any help please?