carterboro

my car is gone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3580 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

my car is gone

whats my next move?

Hi Carterboro...

Hopefully you are spending a bit of time looking through the various threads on the forum???

But there is an interesting piece of information that may assist you and others...

Hip hop posted a link to the Encyclopedia of the Laws of England;

It makes reference to the situation where a car is sold by the lender where the Bill of Sale may be unenforceable due to Section 9 of the Bill of Sales Act 1882:

It read:

'Section 9 avoids a Bill of Sale in toto, so that the grantee cannot even sue on the covenent for payment. He can only recover the money actually advanced with interest at 5% on an implied agreement (Davies v Rees 1886, 17 Q B D 408'

So, you question 'how does this help me?'

If you can show your bill of sale is unenforceable - and you can show that the Bill of Sale does not comply with section 9 (form of a bill of sale) - then you can sue them for more than just taking your car - in fact if by any slither of their imagination they believe they can take you to court for the money outstanding under the agreement - you can advise the Judge that the max they can claim is the amount orignally loaned plus 5% (this is useful - if you have paid them that amount prior to them taking the car).

Hope this helps?

Apple : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]