DOTCOM

London Mortgage company secured Loan PPI

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3606 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anybody advise whether the FOS will now look at a PPI claim on a loan which was taken out in 2003. I know I was definitely mis-old the PPI but I have not got any where with my claim for a refund.

London Mortgage Co say it is a matter for Central Capital who arranged the loan, but Central Capital will not budge. I did send this to the ombusman back in 2007 but at the time they said they could not deal with it because loan was taken out before regulations came in 2005.

I have heard they now look at older loans is this correct?

It's OK people I have just phone FOS and they cannot look at this because my loan was 2003. Seems London Mortgage Co/ Capstone can do exactly what they like with peoples lives.

Hi sorry to bring this up again but it is something that is really bugging me.

A reply I received from Central Trust gave a firm no on refund of PPI

they stated

1. The product was not regulated by FSA at time of sale

2.Central Capital did not come under the voluntary jurisdiction of FOS at time of sale

3. Central Capital Trust was not members of the GISC at the time of sale.

I have discovered that Central Capital is a trading style of Central Loans ltd which is wholly owned subsidiary of Central Trust PLC.

Can anybody advise if there is anywhere I can go with this complaint of mis-selling.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Just had some good news from FOS. Because this is really bugging me I phoned them again, this time I was told if company who sold policy was not regulated by FSA or a member of GISC at time of sale it is true FOS cannot take on case. BUT you should approach underwriters of your policy if they give you thumbs dowm FOS will take on case.