nellynutter

Lloyds current account and credit card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3589 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My son has got into trouble with Lloyds.The info I'm about to give may not be accurate as Im guessing as to the true extent of the problem.

The current account and credit card were set up 3 years ago. He soon ran into problems with unauthorised averdraft fees, this he said was due to them taking out credit card payments from his current account thereby making him overdrawn.Apparently they would do this at different times in a month. Other direct debits were affected as well ,because of being overdrawn they returned the dd's and charged accordingly.

And so its gone on. He tells me the total debt is 2k and from what I can make out both accounts are still open and although he hasnt used either account for the last 3 months it looks like they're still charging for unpaid direct debits , although he says he has cancelled them.

I have advised him to open up a basic account with Barclays to have his wages paid in there.This he's done

We have moved to a new address but post is on re-direct from the old address.

The next thing I was going to suggest to him was to close the Lloyds accounts but after reading these forums that appears easier said than done.

The whole thing is an incredible mess, he hasn't kept paperwork.

So I have 2 questions

1/ What will happen if he completely ignores lloyds i.e does not inform them of change of address and pays no further money into either account.

2/ If the problem wont go away by doing question 1 what are the steps he ( I ) can take to stop the accounts and freeze any interest charges.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

They would more than likely trash his Credit File and continue to attempt to collect any monies due.

He could write to them asking them to freeze any interest on the accounts and set up some sort of payment plan.

He will not be able to close the accounts without a '0' balance on them.

The charges on the Credit Card can be re-claimed , claiming from the Current Account is a different ball game.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for the reply Maroon

I have another question ,just an idea. As his father can I deal with them by saying he's buggered off and I would like to negotiate on his behalf.

Would they entertain an offer to clear the debt ?

Would they entertain an offer to clear the debt ?
Legally they would not be able to discuss the a/c because of the Data Protection Act unless your son informed them in writing that he was nominating you as his agent.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

After a bit more digging it turns out the credit card element of around 1400 has now been passed to BLS collections which I understand is part of Lloyds.

There is also a letter from another of their collections centers in Hove confirming the account has been closed but asking him to make alternative arrangements for any regular payments.

I thought you couldn't close an account unless there was a zero balance ??

It would appear that Hove have added on missed payments after saying the account was closed and then passed it on to BLS collections.

So I'm wondering if they'll now sell it off ?

My son sent a letter to LTSB telling them that I was acting on his behalf - they talked to me after that.

Sounds like you will have to do SARs to get details of what has been happening.

Have you got the default notices? It makes a difference if they are valid or not.

Not sure whether a CCA request would do any good for a 2007 credit card.