Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I’ve heard recently that IDRWW and Mr Coyle are at it again !!!! Maybe another email to the SRA and The FCA is needed!    when are they going to stop abusing and harassing when they don’t even own the debt 
    • Same issues as : also spent ££ to have mechanical failures fixed   will have a read
    • Debt charities have urged the Insolvency Service to develop stronger rules to protect customers from bad practice among IVA lead generators View the full article
    • Hi,     I'm in the process of voluntary termination of my moneybarn agreement, in accordance with secion 99(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I have returned the vehicle, it was collected by a 3rd party on behalf of MB, in driveable condition with fear wear and tear condition.  Their report states that the condition was "Average" (The options were Good, Average and Poor). I have paid more than 50% and recently, before starting the VT process spent £700 to make sure car is roadworthy (gearbox repairs). I am £880 over the 50% mark. Today I've received final billing letter estimating body repairs at over £1,300 (the bodywork is fine - peeling lacquer and alloy wheels would need refurb though). I've purchased the car at 7 years old with over 80k miles, through National Car Credit (pretty sure I've seen another topic on here about them). The car is now more than 10 years old, and I did take pictures + videos of the car before it was collected.   Now. I've had a payment holiday through April and May (which I don't dispute and will willingly cover the amount that they're asking for this payment holiday term) But however I'm not okay with covering the bodywork repairs for a car that is over 10 years old and wasn't excellent condition the day I've purchased it. It came with no service history book and only one key (on my own expense I've purchased another one and had it programmed)   No arrears on the account, no missed payments (just 2 month agreed payment holiday - between myself and MB) which I'm okay to cover. Given the car back in drive-able condition (it was very noisy the week before it was collected, hence why I've spent money on repairs) half of tank of petrol, kept tax up to the day it was collected.   Advice would be appreciated, thank you.   dx: I can't pm you as I haven't got enough posts on here, but if you'd like more details and see what has been sent and see the responses please PM me.     Thanks.
    • I am not a lawyer but I definitely think you are correct.   You will need evidence that Fast Track was not available on your way out - "Unknown reasons" sounds ominous. Do you have pictures/videos/written records to prove it?   Ryanair website states they are not responsible for you missing your flight as a result of fast track, but it doesn't say anything about not being responsible for the product they sold you not being available. Have you tried asking for a refund already?   Either way they sold you something that they did not provide - I don't see how this can be legal - and hopefully you should be able to prove it. Get written evidence that they refused to refund you (if you don't have it already) and take it straight to your card provider. (by many accounts it seems pointless to try and negotiate with Ryanair)
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies

Benefits for disabled person and his carer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3609 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I would like some urgent help to my dilemma. on the 3rd of september I closed my claim for Income support due to my age 60 and having claimed pension credit prior to 14 th may thought everything would go smoothly however things have not. it's the 23rd today and so far I have not received a penny of PC. Now I am told that I will receive £132.60p I asked why I will not get the carers premium of £30.05 added as an additional amount as stated on the direct gov website. They said because your carer receives it. My carer who is actually my 21 year old son receives £53.90p Carers Allowance and income support of £28.00p. When we phoned today they told him that he gets carers premium as well, which he said surely I have never received that, as I never knew I could claim it, they said it is added as you can't get income support or carers allowance without it, then they said that they add it all up and deduct it all from what the law says he needs to live on meaning that he only gets £81.90 per week and that is his entitlement. When he said that he wishes to cease receiveing the carers premium they told him then that he wouldnt get anything at all as it was the carers premium that qualified him for the income support payment. This also means I can not get the £30.05 carers premium either is this right? As it seems the £30.05p carers premium has not been paid to him since march 2008 when he first claimed carers allowance. My son now thinks he should be given the payments he has not received as a solicitor has suggested that he was entitled to receive the £30.05p carers allowance on top of his £81.90p that the law says he is allowed to live on, he is now almost certain they have cheated him out of over £3800 pounds in carers premium. What can we do about this?


Can someone offer some realistic and factual advice. So far the benefits system has been hell for me in fact my carer, estranged wife and youngest son found me trying to commit suicide last friday and obviously prevented it, My GP wanted to hospitalise me but my CMHT said that was not appropriate. Surely disabled people should be treated better than this. I still do not have a date when I will receive any money and now only have my DLA of £267 pounds per month to provide for myself and the council has stopped my council tax and housing benefit.

Edited by unity1906

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there and welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry you're experiencing what you are, it sounds awful. I'm really pleased you're still with us so to speak. I'm sure people with answers will be along soon. Sadly, this time I don't know the answers but someone will.


Hang on in there, we'll be back to you.


HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Unity.


I'm afraid that your son is indeed getting the correct entitlement. The Carer's premium has not been £30.05 since 2008; the rate increases year on year. The law says your son needs to live on £51.85 per week (for a 21 year old). Where he is a carer, and entitled or has underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance, he can receive up to £81.90 per week which includes a carers premium where income support is claimed.


Income Support and Carer's Allowance are claimable together however income support which includes the carers premium is a means tested benefit, which means it can be reduced when Carers Allowance is claimed along with it.


Where there is underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance, a carers premium is included in the Income Support. Your son is entitled to Carers Allowance of £53.90 per week but the income support top up is only £28.00 per week because Income Support is means tested. If he wasn't claiming Carers allowance he would be entitled to the full £51.85 income support (as he is under 25) plus the Carers Premium of income support which is £30.05 because he has underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance. This also totals £81.90 per week.


If he wanted to stop claiming the Carers Premium then he'd no longer receive any income support at all, and would only get £53.90 per week in Carers Allowance.


You would not be able to get the carers premium in Pension Credit unless you are caring for someone and are yourself entitled to carers allowance. You could claim the severe disability addition (as the amount of DLA you are getting tells me you get the high rate for the care component) if your son was not receiving Carers Allowance for caring for you.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.



Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...