Lowells a few months ago chasing a debt of £334.56 from Redcats Finance

Ronnie1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Home Shopping Direct companies have agreed reduced payments but are still charging interest.

Next has stopped interest and agreed reduced monthly payments.

Studio have agreed the £10 a month

Think when I start maternity leave I will write again enclosing an I&E stating I can only afford £10 a week per creditor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice one of the Home Shopping Directs monthly payments is £42.00, of which £26.00 is the service charge, so only paying off £16.00 a month of the outstanding balance!! This could take forever! I presume the other Home Shopping Direct accounts are charging similar percentages!

• 1 month later...

I have set up payment arrangements with my catalogue companies explaining that I will be going on maternity leave and won't be able to pay the full monthly payments due once my maternity leave starts. By the time maternity leave starts I would have been in these arrangements for 5/6 months.

Once I am on maternity leave I won't even be able to meet these reduced payments, so was going to write to the closer to the time with an I&E showing I can basically afford £5 / £10 a week per creditor. Is this the right way to go about this?

Just planing ahead, thought I would do the letters ready to post closer to the time.

• 1 month later...

I have set up payment arrangements with my catalogue companies explaining that I will be going on maternitylink3.gif leave and won't be able to pay the full monthly payments due once my maternity leave starts. By the time maternity leave starts I would have been in these arrangements for 5/6 months.

Once I am on maternity leave I won't even be able to meet these reduced payments, so was going to write to the closer to the time with an I&E showing I can basically afford £5 / £10 a month per creditor. Is this the right way to go about this?

At present only Studio & Next have stopped interest. JD Williams accounts have reduced payments but not stopped interest!

Just planning ahead, thought I would do the letters ready to post closer to the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again

National Debtline do one

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/budget_sheet.php?country=england_wales

There are also a couple of budget planners HERE

Remember, You are after them to stop the interest and charges and to accept reduced payments for the time being. If they refuse to treat you fairly, you must complain.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 weeks later...

Have agreed to Next payment for next three months.

The other creditors I e-mailed (JD Williams companies) with my I&E form, they never answered, chased up, they have e-mailed back today asking if I can call them where an account manager will try to help, they are unable to accept further e-mails regarding my account

• 2 weeks later...

can you give us more details? one point if I sent you a letter saying pay me £127.92 and pulled together some statements would you pay me??? if its no why would you pay them?

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hi, Ronnie.

Any charges you could re-claim ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Can you remember when you laat made a payment or

acknowledged the account?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

So Lowell are getting out of their box for £112 + charges they must

be BL**DY desperate:madgrin:

Put them through every hoop of the prove it and CCA process.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter from Lowell basicaly saying that the balance realtes to an Empire Stores account opened on 8th April 2007.

Notice of assignment was sent in writing on 14th June 2010.

Statements were sent on 15th July 2011

They have requested copy of agreement from original creditor & they are still awaiting receipt of it

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed from your postings history that you tend to set up a new thread each time you receive a batch of communications. If you want to find an old thread, if you click on your CAG user name, you will find all your previous posts. In your post history, you will find that you have previously mentioned this debt. Also in your separate Lowell/Three thread, you had mentioned the Three debt back in 2009 in a previous thread.

I don't know whether it helps others on this site, but I prefer to see the history of debt collection under one thread, so you see what has happened with a debt. If the information is spread out on many different threads, it can be a little confusing and can cause duplication or worse wrong advice being offered.

In regard to the query on this thread about the CCA not being signed, I am not sure this is a problem in terms of them taking you to court, given the date you took out the account. I think the changes to the Consumer Credit Act that came into force just before you took out the account, mean that they just need to evidence that the debt exists. BUT given the amount of the debt, perhaps this is not a priority to them, as even if they took it to court, it would probably not be economical for them to do so.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Is the this a recon ie. T's & C's with no

boxes to fill or just a blank for post it up if you can,so people

can advise on the validity.