61met

NHS - Agenda for change

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3558 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Is there anyone out there who is familiar with employee rights for Agenda for Change? I work for NHS as a clerical officer and have recently had some of my holiday entitlement taken away part way through the annual leave year.

This has coincided with a informal grievance I had been having regarding christmas working.

My annual leave is calculated in 2 parts on a pro rata basis as I'm part time. The first part is my basic element and the second is a bank holiday entitlement. My supervisor has taken away by bank holiday entitlement. This only came about because I wanted leave for Christmas Day and Boxing Day. I only work weekends and these would be my usual working days. It only became apparent that my leave had been reduced when after 3 months of wrangling my leave was finally agreed.

Any ideas? I'm waiting for HR and my Unison Rep to come back to me. Each of them have had a week so far and all very quiet...:mad2:

Hello again 61met. You might want to post a link to your thread on Employment in case there are any relevant details, or mention the title for people here.

Thank you for not copying and pasting, or we might both have been in trouble :wink:. I hope you get some help soon.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry, quite a novice to this and dont know how to link the thread. How do i do it?

Here's a link, I hope. I've copied and pasted what was in the dialogue box at the top of my browser screen when I looked at your thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?277772-Employee-rights-Annual-Leave-Agenda-for-change

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi there

There has been some changes to part time working under A4C as the BH entitlement has been reduced pro rata, although I can't remember if if was this October or last.... not sure that's helpful. It may mean that you would have to use annual leave to have Xmas off, and this may be refused due to business continuity. Have you looked on the NHS employers website? Just a thought.