Cabot and my Credit File

jonnyw6969
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum but i really need some advice. I have to admit I have a rather bad credit rating which I managed to get a few years ago but Im trying to sort myself out and hopefully get on the property ladder.

I have an account with checkmyfile.com and have been monitoring my file for the last few months to see how its improving, and i have to say it is slowly getting better.

Problem is a new entry from Cabot financial has just appeared on my Call Credit file with the defaults going back to Jan 2008.

I do not really know who Cabot are and how have they taken a debt like this and just added it with 2 years default.

I dont know how this debt got there and im completely lost with what to do.

Should I call them and find out about it?

Can they just put this on my credit file with speaking to me at all?

I cant have this on my record if im going to applying for a mortgage.

Any advice would be really appreciated, as I said earlier Im lost with what to do.

Many Thanks for any Help

J

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum but i really need some advice. I have to admit I have a rather bad credit rating which I managed to get a few years ago but Im trying to sort myself out and hopefully get on the property ladder. Hello and welcome.

I have an account with checkmyfile.com and have been monitoring my file for the last few months to see how its improving, and i have to say it is slowly getting better.

Problem is a new entry from Cabot financial has just appeared on my Call Credit file with the defaults going back to Jan 2008.

I do not really know who Cabot are and how have they taken a debt like this and just added it with 2 years default. Debt collection agency!

I dont know how this debt got there and im completely lost with what to do.

Should I call them and find out about it? NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can they just put this on my credit file with speaking to me at all?

I cant have this on my record if im going to applying for a mortgage.

Any advice would be really appreciated, as I said earlier Im lost with what to do.

Many Thanks for any Help

J

Does the Cabot entry correspond with any of your previous debts? Acc No. amount etc?

If you do not recognise the debt you can begin to make moves to get it removed from your file.

Could you give us a bit more info please?

Never ring a DCA, you would have to answer security questions, which, if it is an old debt you have forgotten about would let them know who and where you are. Also, they are phone bullies and will try their best to wear you down to agreeing to whatever terms they think you should pay. Plus, if you didn't with-hold your number, you would have them ringing you at all hours.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Hi huggys boss,

Thanks for the help so far really appreciate it. There are no other debts on my Call Credit file at all except the Cabot one. There is no account number but there is a opening, current and original defualt balance on the file.

What other information would you like from me? Im happy to give you anything you need if it can help me.

Regards,

J

Hi cerberusalert

So let me get this right.

Cabot cant place anything of there own on my credit file and only update original creditors?

This is what is showing on my file

Lender name:Cabot Financial UK Limited

Account holder name: jonnyw6969

Address: my address

Date of birth: my DOB

Accountholder status:Normal

Start date:Not Recorded

Account type:Credit card

Account status: Default

Last updated:29th August 2010

Current balance:£1,026

Credit limit:£0

Opening balance:£884

Repayment frequency:Monthly

Default date:31st May 2007

Original default balance:£884

Term balance:£0

Payment History: DEFAULTS SINCE JAN 2007

There is no reference to anyone else other than Cabot.

Do i complain to Call Credit? What do I say to them. Im new to this and havent got a clue what to do. I now realise that I shouldnt contact Cabot and beleive from my research these guys are a bit like crooks and will try anything.

Thanks guys for all the help so far.

Regards

J

By the look they have bought a credit card debt. A default should have been entered by the credit company in 2007 & then updated monthly. When Cabot bought the debt they can then continue to update but they cannot enter the default. Also the original default is required to be registered within a reasonable period from when the a/c became delinquent, 3 years later is not a reasonable period.

Start Date not recorded. I wonder if they have bought a debt with half of the paperwork missing.

Have Cabot listed this on either you Equifax or Experian file?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR