• Tweets

• I sent him the link for this forum yesterday but will tell him what you said. If he decides to post here I’ll be following it to help as much as I can.  Thanks for answering, it means a lot (after going from place to place discovering no one cares.)
    • It is the seller who should be bringing the action because they are the person who has lost the money. We can help them that you should contact them and tell them to come and register on this forum and assure them that everything is free and that we offer the best chance of getting their money back from Hermes – and not only that, it will be interesting and fun.
    • We don't know - all that Santander said was that a payment was made to a S/C and A/C number and they gave us that information - what they couldn't say was if a reference number i.e. the card number was entered to pay that said card. 
    • Hi -I bought a £500 bike on EBay from a private seller - listing stated “collection in person only” but after asking he agreed to post it - I bought a Hermes label using Parcel2Go, filled out all mine and seller’s details, and sent it to him. All he had to do was to stick it on the box and wait for courier to collect  - on the day of collection I received an email that “courier wasn’t able to collect the parcel” (seller assured me no one showed up for it as he’s been waiting) - same thing happened the next day. I knew Hermes tried to collect x3 and didn’t want to miss the third attempt so I asked the seller if he could drop in off and the nearest parcel drop off point.  He agreed and dropped it off. - Few days later the parcel arrived empty. It was half opened. I opened it in courier’s presence only to find bubble wrap and empty cardboard box. I asked him if there is a report we should fill out in situations like that. He said there wasn’t and that this is how he collected it from the local depot. He handed me blue card with a phone number to text ( texted 3 times heard nothing back) I took photos of the box (with courier in the background and said I don’t accept it because it’s been robbed) - I contacted the seller. He informed police about it so he could get cctv video from the parcel drop off point proving the box was heavy and needed two people to carry it.  -I informed police on my end hoping they could take a statement from the courier who delivered the box. They listened to my story but weren’t too bothered. They said I’ll get my money back if I paid with PayPal. - I got my money back. - police said I’m no longer at financial loss so to them the case is closed. - I want to fight with Hermes and P2G to get the £500 back from them so I can give it back to the seller. I’m convicted he sent the bike. He showed me the package before sending, we are in ongoing contact. He got the cctv footage etc. I feel horrible because it was me who chose the courier and it was me who asked him to post it, and now he has no bike and no money.  - I contacted P2G on live chat (since there’s no possible way to contact Hermes). They said to allow them 14 days for investigation. They were supposed to check cctv from depots and weighting points to see where the parcel went down from 15kg to nearly 1kg - after 14 days I contacted them again only to be told that Hermes hasn’t provided any information and now an automatic claim has been opened. - I provided all documents they asked for and now I’m waiting for the outcome but I already got email saying I can only count for £20 since I haven’t opted for extra protection. I haven’t paid for extra protection since stealing is illegal no matter for paying extra or not. I figured they won’t loose my parcel since it was a huge box and was ready to risk the damage. The point here is that they haven’t damaged it or lost it- It Has been delivered- Robbed.  - I’ve got all the chat scripts, emails between me and the seller, listing details, crime/ incident number/ photos of empty box delivered, photos of seller dropping it of, photos of the parcel before sending etc. I also have time and will to take them to court and open small claim. I think I might qualify for the cost relief too.  My main question here is - Do I, as a person who bought the servis and haven’t received the item can open the small claim against Hermes and/or P2G. Can I do it even though I’m no longer at “financial loss” (since PayPal refunded me). Do I need to tell them that at all?    I hate this whole situation and hate the fact that I can’t afford to give the seller his money back and be at loss too. It was a used bike, a gift for my daughter’s 10th birthday. I don’t want the time to ease my anger and forget about it because at the other end of this, there’s an honest guy who did everything he could send me that bike.    I know there are other posts that are almost the same as this one. Please can you just read through it and say what rights do I have to ask them for money back if I already got them from PayPal. 
    • I definitely have photos somewhere, but as yet, I’ve not recovered them.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 659 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Six word story has now closed. 

when people were still using groats

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D