What can I do

woody2001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I was stupid while i was at Uni and got into debt and decided to bury my head in the sand. Its only in last couple of years i have started to sort myself out. I got copies of my credit files with Experian and Equifax which showed debts on barclay card and Barclays Credit card. it looks like my credit card account had been passed to CL finance and even though i have now been on electoral roll for two years (as i'm trying to rebuild my file) they have just started sending me letters now. I have been in a position to repay the debt for a while now but if i pay i understand it reages my account and instead off it falling off my files next november (6 year point) i will be back at the start is that the case? if so paying doesn't seem to make sense, but i don't want things to get worse. The credit card and bank account were defaulted november 05 then passed to Cl finance should i ask for orignal credit agreements? or maybe proof i haven't been in touch for over 6 years? My main aim is to get my credit rating back as quick as possible, but don't want them to issue a CCJ if i don't contact them, but as i mentioned i can pay them but will that put me back to waiting 6 years for it to drop off my file

Please can someone help????

If you say there has been no contact or payments made in over 6 years then the debt should be statute barred, this means that they won't be able to follow a legal process to recover the money. Not sure on the specifics on the credit file side of things. I know that a default or CCJ can stay on your credit file for 6 years. A sure someone else will be along to assist more but if there has been a clear 6 year gap where you have had no contact and not paid anything to anyone then it's SB.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Hi and welcome

In my opinion - ignore as it looks like they are 'fishing' for something that is close to being 'statute barred'. Contacting them will only indicate 'mug' and they will harass you. The CC may or may not have a valid credit agreement possibly not due to its age.The bank account will not be covered by a credit agreement but probably contains a lot of charges etc which you can fight. You may start to receive offers of 'reduced payments' depending on how unenforcable these are.

I would never encourage anyone to deliberatly not pay what they feel they owe, so if it comes to this stage of a reduced offer you could consider settling it if it makes you feel better.

I would not enter into a payment plan as this will reset the time limit as will acknowledging the debt in writing.

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

By contacting the credit agencies and confirming your details with them it shakes the DCA's trees and they start crawling out.

If you have not confirmed in writing that the debts are yours then the 6 year rule of being statute barred will stand.

CAG never encorouges the avoidence of debts. You can play the waiting game with them and see what they send next or send the I do not acknowlege any debt to your company prove I do letter, that you will find in the templates section.

Hi,

Purely on the credit file point.

So long as they don't issue court proceedings, any default will fall off after 6 years and won't be visible to other creditors. If they issue a CCJ, that stays on file for a further 6 years.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE