style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3604 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

Way back when, most likely last March / April I made a complaint to Tesco's about being mis-sold PPI. It was basically a tick on an application form and there was no information provided and I found out that i wasn't actually covered due to a pre-exisitng condition and being self-employed...

Anyway, Tesco wrote back saying that I hadn't been mis-sold and that was their final word, I can, if I want complain to the FOS. So back in september 2009 I did just that.

Eventually, yesterday I got a letter from the adjudicator saying that he believed Tesco's has mis-sold PPI and that I was due a full refund from 2002 when i took the card out, including 200 pounds compensation. However the letter went on to say that Tesco's had not accepted his findings / ignored his findings and the FOS had not recieved a response from Tesco on this.

So now my complaint is going to the ombudsman and i guess i could be waiting many many more months for this to be resolved.

Anyway, wasn't much point to my post other than if anyone else has had any experiences with Tesco's not agreeing with the FOS ?

I was concerned that maybe Tesco wrote to me but as they dont have my NZ address now that I no longer live in UK, could they have thought I've ignored them... I would expect them to go back to FOS to say we can't get in touch, but we accept the findings etc.. but from the wording of the adjudicators letter maybe they've just ignored him.

STB,

Tesco or any other company for that matter are quite within the rights to reject a claims handlers decision as it is not legally binding. Therefore the next step is as you have been told to refer the matter to an ombudsman, whose decision is legally binding and has the power to force Tesco to cough up.

Personally I wouldn't get too heated up about this, just think the 8% interest is acculumating until the date Teco cough up.

Good luck

DJ