Outstanding finance advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I put down a £500 deposit for a car on sat at a dealer using CC payment. On sun I did a HPI check and this confirmed outstanding finance with Lombard. I contacted Lombard and they told they had an interest with this vehicle.

I phoned dealer told him what I'd found but as soon as I said I'd done hpi check, he said did it flag up Lombard? He seems adamant it will all be cleared.

I sent a letter to the dealer on the mon asking for proof that the balance was cleared from the finance company and to put the sale on hold including and work done to car. I stated that if this was not completed within 7 days I wanted the full deposit back.

Advice please, is it illegal to sell car with outstanding finance?

no not exactly.

do a chargeback on your credit card and walk away from it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

typically 120days.

now did you sign any agreement for finance at all?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no problem with this provided the outstanding balance is cleared before you take posession of the car which presumably the dealer will be doing - there will be no problem getting yoiur deposit back if there continues to be a problem as the dealer is attempting to sell an item that doesn't belong to him, and for credit card processors that is a big no no so the dealer should be very keen to refund you himself otherwise he could lose his card processing facilities - normally the finance company will fax clearance to the dealer once the outstanding amount is paid, and you can also then phone Lombard to confirm they have no further interest.