Dan20rhino

Outstanding finance advice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3604 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I put down a £500 deposit for a car on sat at a dealer using CC payment. On sun I did a HPI check and this confirmed outstanding finance with Lombard. I contacted Lombard and they told they had an interest with this vehicle.

I phoned dealer told him what I'd found but as soon as I said I'd done hpi check, he said did it flag up Lombard? He seems adamant it will all be cleared.

I sent a letter to the dealer on the mon asking for proof that the balance was cleared from the finance company and to put the sale on hold including and work done to car. I stated that if this was not completed within 7 days I wanted the full deposit back.

Advice please, is it illegal to sell car with outstanding finance?

no not exactly.

do a chargeback on your credit card and walk away from it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

no not exactly.

do a chargeback on your credit card and walk away from it.

dx

Can I do the chargeback at anytime or does it need to be say within 7 days of making the payment?

typically 120days.

now did you sign any agreement for finance at all?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

All i signed was an invoice, detailing total cost of sale, deposit amount and the value of my p/ex vehicle.

It wasn't signed by the dealer, no terms and conditions are on this paper.

There is no problem with this provided the outstanding balance is cleared before you take posession of the car which presumably the dealer will be doing - there will be no problem getting yoiur deposit back if there continues to be a problem as the dealer is attempting to sell an item that doesn't belong to him, and for credit card processors that is a big no no so the dealer should be very keen to refund you himself otherwise he could lose his card processing facilities - normally the finance company will fax clearance to the dealer once the outstanding amount is paid, and you can also then phone Lombard to confirm they have no further interest.