• Tweets

• Not sure about the lease read through all the documents i have and couldnt find anything about parking. Contacted the management Office to get a copy sent to me. When i complained to them about the ticket they told me to appeal so they clearly don't care.      and yes it's a gated underground parking area with key fob entry. 
    • The coronavirus pandemic has thrown many countries into recession - but what exactly is it and how could it affect you? View the full article
    • Oh and before bed   Officially leaked statements about a PHE report claiming that a UK study will say there is little evidence of children transmitting Covid.   Leakers stats look impressive until you realise he's on Johnson's SAGE so makes you think - huh - hows that then when all the science I've seen says different, and there are a number of reports of spreads in schools across the world from schools that had opened.   Then, little as the information 'leaked' is, you see   "largest studies in the world on coronavirus in schools" and then "The study was carried out in 100 institutions in the UK and is expected to be published later this year. About 20,000 pupils and teachers in 100 schools across England were tested to monitor the spread of the disease up to the end of the summer term – which runs from April-July in Britain."   Then you click. That averages 200 pupils and staff per 'institution' checked We dont know what these institutions are, but I think over 200 is the average for infants schools. Other schools tend to be FAR larger. Did they test everyone at each institution, or just some ??? we don't know yet - they are choosing not to leak that - Wonder why?   We currently understand that younger children (pre teenage) seem to present few/less symptoms  (statistically) but large increases in teenager covid has been reported as lockdowns ease and they start to meet more.   I know my OH's grandson (mother a nurse) has remained at school in classes one third or less that normal, with the majority of kids having front line worker parents - so well aware of the discipline and hygiene necessary. We know the schools maintain distancing, monitoring and maintenance which would be IMPOSSIBLE in normal class sizes.   So in a lock down situation, with class sizes significantly lower than normal (highly aware front-line workers kids mainly), increased distancing and cleaning made possible by SIGNIFICANTLY smaller class sizes - Has maybe resulted in no great evidence of covid spread perhaps?   Well Whoopy do. Lets ramp the class sizes back up to 30+ and see what happens ..     Lets let the mail lead the way Coronavirus infection rates are rising in ALL age groups under 65, Public Health England data shows with biggest surge in under-fives which 'should be watched very carefully' https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8615423/Coronavirus-infection-rates-rising-age-groups-65-Public-Health-England-data-shows.html     and the ONS stats showing how similar the stats are (a statistically significant  difference can be very little actual difference)   https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19infectionsinthecommunityinengland/july2020     Notes: These statistics refer to infections reported in the community, by which we mean private households. These figures exclude infections reported in hospitals, care homes or other institutional settings.  
    • i understand and agree you should write a formal letter of complaint about the email by royal mail.   i also think you should totally dispute the arrears balance, esp as it goes back so long   send them an sar and add to the text in it that you want statements/bills dating back to the gb energy a/c.
    • When you see the reports coming out that serco was involved from the earliest stages apparently to give expertise   and that resulted in 18 million plus people coming back into the UK untested from hotspots .. and then even the general advice to self isolate after they had travelled across the UK home being withdrawn in the run-up to the lock down   That went well says cummings      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
emmtay

Emmtay V Colonial/Chatham/Paragon Finance please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2981 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Hoping DJ or Pompey are around?

Trying to work out the interest on PPI claim on a loan.

They have admitted I didn't tick the box for it, and have sent me a cheque, but I asked for the breakdown and workings of the interest they have worked out they owe, and want to double check woth someone please?

Ive done credit cards and bank reclaims, but not done a loan before.

The figures on the credit agreement are as follows:=

Loan 10,107.70

Repayment Protection Premium 2,812.97

Total Charge for Credit 4,826.85

Total Amount Payable 17,747.52

APR 9.94%

84 monthly instalments of 211.28

They are saying they owe me :=

2812.97 PPI

1053.55 Interest

Please can someone have a look?

Thanks

Emmtay

Emma,

When did you make your first and last monthly repayments?

DJ

Hi, and thank you for reading it!

The agreement is dated 21st July 2000

Settled early, end July 2004, figures on settlement document as follows:=

Loan remaining 8,307.60

Less rebate of future interest charges 900.47

Less payment protection premium rebate, if any 35.89

Total amount payable for settlement on or before 1st August 2004 7,371.89

Thanks SO much for looking

Emmtay

Emma,

Your claim should be:

Total PPI: £2,812.97

Less rebate: £35.89

Plus compound interest: £620.86

Plus 8% on monthly repayments: £2,228.91

Plus 8% on difference: £1,390.30

Total claim = £7,017.15

Now go get your money

DJ

WOW, really? That much?

Should I just list it exactly as you have put then?

Emmtay:whoo:

Could you explain what you mean by the interest on the difference?

Sorry, I'm probably being very thick!:oops:

Emmtay,

You ain't thick, this is a mine field probably set up that way by banks to deter people from actually making a claim.

You can claim 8% simple interest on the total cost of PPI from the date the loan was paid off, until the date your claim is settled. Now as we cannot know at this stage when the claim will be settled, I have used 01/10/10 as a starting point for now.

DJ

Hi, thanks for that, I think I get it, will try phoning now, then send letter if they need it in black and white!

Emmtay

Hi DJ

Yep, they need it in black and white!

They say I am requesting an 'enhanced' payment, not sure what that means, but will keep you posted.

I have another thread which I could do with your help on if you don't mind, please can you have a look. Its Emmtay v Norton Finance/Endeavour.

Cheers

Emmtay

Hi

Hoping you're about tonight DJ! I am really struggling to know if they are trying to pull a fast one on me....I have copied & pasted their latest!

"Further to our telephone conversation earlier today, I detail below the calculations used in reaching the refund amount of £3,866.52.

Loan advanced 1 August 2000

Loan £10,107.70

PPI premium £2,812.97

Interest rate 9.510%

Monthly payment based on a balance of £12,920.67 (£10,107.70 + £2,812.97) would be £211.28

Remove PPI premium and the balance reduces to £10,107.70

Monthly based on this reduced balance would be £165.25

Term of the loan was 84 months.

Take the difference in the monthly premiums of £211.28 and £165.25 = £46.03

Multiply this by the term of the loan £46.03 x 84 = £3,866.52

I would add that the payment protection policy was cancelled on 23 July 2002. Your account was credited with the sum £336.42 in respect of the payment protection rebate. This was not taken into account when assessing your refund and you have therefore benefited from an additional amount of £336.42.

As advised in Dave Mullin's letter, if you wish to accept our offer, please send an email confirming this and I will arrange for this amount to be credited to your bank account as a gesture of goodwill. If you wish to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to call me. "

Does this look right to you?

Thanks

Emmtay

Emmtay,

They have not added the 8% simple on the monthly repayments from date of payment, to date they refund you and also the 8% simple on the full amount you paid for PPI, from date you finished paying the loan until date they refund you.

Don't remember what we were these figures out as, but they are certainly tring to fob you off.

Personally, I would put something in writing.

DJ

Hi DJ

Ok, thanks, I will let you know how I get on,

Emmtay

Hi DJ,

Would you take another look at the figures for me before I get intouch with them again, so I sound like I know what I'm talking about?

Loan 10,107.70

Repayment Protection Premium 2,812.97

Total Charge for Credit 4,826.85

Total Amount Payable 17,747.52

APR 9.94%

84 monthly instalments of 211.28

The agreement is dated 21st July 2000

Settled early, end July 2004, figures on settlement document as follows:=

Loan remaining 8,307.60

Less rebate of future interestlink3.gif charges 900.47

Less payment protection premium rebate, if any 35.89

Total amount payable for settlement on or before 1st August 2004 7,371.89.

They say that the payment protection policy was cancelled on 23 July 2002, and that my account was credited with the sum £336.42 in respect of the payment protection rebate. I have no details of this part unfortunately, so have to take their word for it, but why would I have the 35.89 PPI rebate showing in the settlement figures?

Thanks very much, again!

Emmtay

Hi,

Hoping you are about today DJ, please could you advise me how the figures will differ because I settled early?

Sorry to be a pain!

Thanks

Emmtay

Emmtay,

Have done the calculations and attached in an excel spreadsheet.

The second set of calculations are for the actual loan and the rebate they gave you for settling early. In my humble opinion they have really fleeced you on this one.

Open to comments, suggestions on my calculations.

DJ

Emmtay,

Have done the calculations and attached in an excel spreadsheet.

The second set of calculations are for the actual loan and the rebate they gave you for settling early. In my humble opinion they have really fleeced you on this one.

Open to comments, suggestions on my calculations.

DJ

Hi DJ,

Thanks very much for doing that, so is it the two totals added together- 9.5k?? Slightly confused, sorry!

If so, they really are trying to fleece me!

Hope you pop in later to confirm, then I can get this fired off at them!

Cheers

Emmtay

Emtay,

The first figure is what you can claim for PPI.

The second figure is how much I have worked out that they have overcharged you for the loan.

DJ

Hi DJ

I have sent them an email this morning saying I want them to pay the 3866.52 into my account today, but purposely didnt say it was in f&f settlement.

They have replied saying the money will be transferred by 3.30pm today, in f&f settlement.

I was going to be a bit naughty and once i had withdrawn the funds(well, paying my rent arrears!), was going to go back and say I want the rest.

Can you explain how they have managed to over charge me so I can go back to them and split it into two claims?

Do you think that is the best plan?

Money went into my account, they've asked me to confirm when i receive it,

ive paid my rent arrears, so its gone already, but will wait for your reply then email them tomorrow.

Cheers

Emmtay

Yes I think it is better to split them out.

I have shown on the spreadsheet how they have overcharged you and by how much.

It looks like they did not refund the amount of insurance they should have when you settled early and also claimed there was more outstanding on the loan than there actually was.

Personally I would email them tomorrow with confirmation of receipt for the PPI and also hot them with, " while I have been looking into the selling of PPI on my loan it has also come to my attention I may not have received a fair rebate on future interest when I paid the loan off.

There also seems to be some discrepancy between how much you claim was outstanding on the loan and how much I believe should have been outstanding. Please provide a full and detailed breakdown of how you made your calculations"

Good luck

DJ

Thats fantastic DJ, many many thanks again, will keep you posted!

Emmtay

Nice1 EM. Look forward to hearing what they come back with.

DJ

hi

As I thought, they've said there is no obligation on their part to accept my claim as it has been raised more than 6 years after my agreement with them ended, the refunded sum was a gesture of goodwill in f&f settlement of the matter, and they are unable to support my claim for reimbursement of any further monies.

Time to go to FOS me thinks!

Any opinions?

Emmtay

limitations act sec 32c applies

when you became aware

total rollox designed to put you off

go get 'em

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks dx, always good to have posts comfirming you're doing the right thing, as they often start to make you doubt yourself!:sad:

It;s Chatham finance btw, not sure if I have mentioned that yet. They go under Paragon now mainly I think, confusing though as some letters still use chatham letterheaded paper!

Cheers

Emmtay