Travel lodge and wrong confirmation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Made a booking for a family room with travel lodge, paid the money and confirmation came up as a double room which is not what I wanted. Phoned them up and they said I needed to email customer services regarding the issue as because it was a saver rate, they could not sort it out over the phone.

I emailed them twice but have just received two automated replies which does not address the concerns in my emails. Does anyone have any idea how I can sort this issue out. Many thanks..

Yes - the only difference between a Family room and a double room is the couch at the window (the other rooms are the same size but do not have the couch). I've been in this situation countless times, but the secret it to check in as early as possible. When doing this, you can ask the staff to confirm you have been allocated a family room. If they say no, then they can change this on the fly. The later you arrive, the less chance for a vacant Family Room.

Yes - the only difference between a Family room and a double room is the couch at the window (the other rooms are the same size but do not have the couch). I've been in this situation countless times, but the secret it to check in as early as possible. When doing this, you can ask the staff to confirm you have been allocated a family room. If they say no, then they can change this on the fly. The later you arrive, the less chance for a vacant Family Room.

I've been offered e vouchers up to the amount that I paid for the orignal booking if I decide to cancel the original booking, thus starting again. Problem with that is the rates would have gone up so I would be out of pocket.

Still working on the solution..

You'd have to squeeze up? :)

It's not rocket science. They have 3 room types, Standard, Family & Disabled. It is also acknowledged that they overbook. Even if you HAVE a confirmed booking, if you arive late (or there's an event o nearby) there won;t be a room. They'll fix you up with another hotel located nearby and a voucher - so even if someone had a FR booked, and you got in before them - they'd be inconvenienced and not you.

You'd have to squeeze up? :)

It's not rocket science. They have 3 room types, Standard, Family & Disabled. It is also acknowledged that they overbook. Even if you HAVE a confirmed booking, if you arive late (or there's an event o nearby) there won;t be a room. They'll fix you up with another hotel located nearby and a voucher - so even if someone had a FR booked, and you got in before them - they'd be inconvenienced and not you.

I hear what your saying, and this is the story to date. cancel the booking they said and we will give you vouchers to be used within six months at the same rate. I thought I would be able to book the same hotel again but the rate had gone up. I cancelled any way out of frustration, then went back on site to check the price and the price had gone down to the original price I had paid which was strange. I booked again the room that I needed for the same date that they said they did not have..