should i pay moorcroft

matt71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

i done a debt remedy with the cccs 1 year ago

and have been paying 5 creditors on a pro rota,

one of these is barclaycard who i have been paying £1 p/m i have received letters from dca over the past year for this account but have ignored them, last week i received a letter from barclaycard stating the account is no longer being dealt by them

and to deal with moorcroft who i have ignored for about 7 months. should i now pay moorcroft the £1 postal order or carry on paying barclaycard, if i have to pay moorcroft should i ask for a cca

all my other creditors are still excepting my pro rota payments

thanks

matt..

Guest Cartaphilus
should i ask for a cca

all my other creditors are still excepting my pro rota payments

I'd say 'yes' ... because it's always something that can be potentially fallen back on later. :)

by them

and to deal with moorcroft who i have ignored for about 7 months.

So, have you received a default notice from Barclaycard, as it sounds like this account, from what you are posting, has been with Moorcroft for 7 months. If not, you will need to start a thread for each of your creditors.

Guest Cartaphilus
should i now pay moorcroft the £1 postal order or carry on paying barclaycard

If you can, and have a bank account that allows it, I'd request Moorcrofts standing order details, someone may have them on here you never know, and pay that way. But first, I'd consider requesting your credit agreement off Moorcroft, as they are now the ones collecting your BC debt. So, therefore, any payments would go to them not BC. Why you need to ascertain also whether or not they have a valid credit agreement.

Hi There

Yes i have received a default notice months ago from barclaycard

ive had all the standard letters off moorcroft over the months,

mercers, calders, and able 2 collect have all given up i never answered there calls or letters and was doing the same to moorcroft

its only now they tell me to deal with moorcroft..

Guest Cartaphilus

Yes, because now they've exhausted themselves ... Calders/Mercers being BC by another name, of course, realizing you aren't going to play their games ie on the phone, replying to their letters ... They've passed your account to a proper DCA, ie Moorcroft whom you will now have to deal with. The most effective way of doing this is, as you have surmised, requesting your credit agreement of them. If they don't have it then - asides from they shouldn't be asking or demanding money from you without it or if it's not a valid one - you can make the choice to dispute it on those grounds and whether or not to pay Moorcroft.

Also, you can also get your default notice checked out here to see if it was executed correctly as some aren't. However, that can come later.

Guest Cartaphilus

Oh, well, it seems they are an American company according to Google. Which country are you in, UK or America? It does help to know and may change how to approach this. Anyway, I am sure someone else will assist.

hello again

Sorry had to go to work

just checked it was not able2collect but a company called power2contact based in crewe

they were working on behalf of mercers

thanks for the reply going to print off a cca letter today and send off to moorcroft

if they dont have a signed cca would it be wise to refuse to pay them

cheers matt

ps im in london

Send Moorc@p this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Send it recorded delivery, and enclose a £1 Postal order, they have 12 working days to send you your request, guaranteed they fail, when they do you can send them the failed letter and withhold all payments until. such time that they do provide you with one. IF they do manage to send you a copy of your agreement, scan and post it up on here removing all ID, barcodes, ref numbers etc, and others can have a look as to it's enforceability.

If they don't have one or it is unenforceable then whether you pay them or not is entirely up to you, but without the correct agreement, they won't be able to take you to court to enforce it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest Cartaphilus
power2contact based in crewe

they were working on behalf of mercers

I did think you meant Powerless2Contact (emphasis on the LESS part of that :)) but it was interesting to note that there was an actual DCA in America named that. If you what I mean.

Guest Cartaphilus
no nothing yet sent a cca sunday just gone

forgot to send it recorded or special i might send another one tomorrow by special delivery...

i'll keep you posted...

cheers...

Providing you enclosed the one pound postal order, and kept the receipt you should be able to see if its been cashed; which is just another way of getting delivery confirmation. There are a couple of telephone numbers to do this, which you would have to search the forum for or google ie its a seperate number to RM customer services. However, it wouldn't have gone into the postal system until Monday anyway, so maybe waiting a few more days then checking to see if PO cashed if you sent them one.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi people,

After sending a cca on the 24 sept to moorcroft, I received a letter back from them dated 7th oct stating that they have

requested the relevant documentation from our client and once received we will duly forward the same to you.

And that the account has been put on hold,

I believe its a standard letter from them, It also goes on that i raise any potental areas of dispute prior to any court action.

Have they now gone over the statutory time limit for compliance if so what is my next step

Thanks again,

matthew...

Guest Cartaphilus

Yes, and you are right that it is a standard letter. So now wait for them to supply something. In the meantime, ignore any of the usual 'tricks' such as reduced settlement offers, more threat letters (generated) which usually start to appear when they know 'their client' doesn't have those documents.