Phoenix Bailiffs and vulnerability CTAX debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recived a letter from Phoenix Commercial Collections (Bailiffs) with regard to this years council tax. I am currently paying on previous years - I made arrangements with the council before I got into court. Council have been helpful to a certain degree but as I cannot pay in full, I get the inenviatability of the bailiffs every so often and it always seems to be a never ending cycle.

I had a heart attack last year and suffer from angina and heart disease. Would I come under the vulnerability rules as this seems to be getting me down and making me ill each time this happens. I have a part time job (25hrs per week) and cannot afford to pay any more than I am paying them and they know this.

Would anyone be able to advise me?

Many Thanks jb000

Do you know how many Liability Orders you have? Do you know how much each one is for? Do you know how much is outstanding on each one? Do not use the Bailiffs figures, if necessary ring the Council in the morning and ask.

Have you had a breakdown of charges from the Bailiff for each account? If so can you let us know what has been charged? Have they ever been in your home or otherwise levied/seized any goods? If so can you let us know what?

Is your angina stable or unstable? Are you on any medication for it? Are you awaiting any surgery or are you under a Hospital Consultant? I don't mean to pry and respect your view if you wish to refrain from answering but do you have any family, are you on any benefits and if so what?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks for reply.

Firstly I am not entitled to any means tested benefits as I am just out by a few quid. Live alone, On 8 different types of medication, had angina attack a few weeks ago and still going to consultant, not waiting for further surgery yet but consultant has not ruled it out. Applied for DLA got refused.

Several liability orders going back a few years, would not answer door or talk to bailiffs each time. Arranged with Council at Court hearing to pay a token sum each month I could afford without setting me up to fail. Council know my expenditure is more than income and I live a basic life, house, bills, food and thats that, and that it's not a case of wont pay but can't pay and they know my medical condition but still put bailiffs on to me. I just feel at the moment that I am going round in circles and seem to have less and less fight each time it comes to the bailiff stage due to my heart problems.

Did you appeal the DLA? as they automatically turn you down on the first application.

Get help from your GP surgery to fill out the appeal it works wonders if you can get proffessional help to appeal your case. A tip is to use the phrase you experience " severe discomfort" and try not to use the expression you are in "pain".

I've noted what you say about your condition and believe you should fall in to the "vulnerable" category. You should try and get a letter from your Doctor about your condition and the effect it is having on your health. Believe me with this it is a downward spiral until such time something has to be done. As the Council already know of your circumstances you should get in touch with your local Councillor ASAP and ask them to help put your position to the Council. In my view you should be able to contact your Councillor up until approx 9pm each evening and all day saturday & Sunday.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]