Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi Guys   Sorry for the delayed response   I have attached me Change of address letter and SAR which I am sending to EPS. I have redacted my information but apologies if I have missed something   I have also attached my snotty letter to Gladstone   Let me know if i am missing anything or need to change anything. I was thinking of sending the letter to EPS on Monday and then Gladstones on Wednesday   Also regarding @honeybee13, the comment about saying 'the driver' rather then I. I wasn't too sure how to implement this given i'd have to put my name in so they have someone to send the letter back to?    EPS Change of address and SAR Letter Redacted.pdf Gladstone Snotty Letter Redacted.pdf
    • Hi   I haveh ad a good re read of your Topic and do agree with BazzaS  that you need to take a step back from this and I can appeciate that you are not happy with the treatment that your relative has been given due to the sleeping pill being prescribed.   You mention the wait at the hospital of over X hours but you do not say if this relative went to a certain department with a GP letter or whether this was via the hospital A&E Department.   If it was via the Hospitals A&E Department you need to bear in mind the following:   1. This was during COVID-19 and protetions will be in place to protect both Medical Staff and Patients coming to A&E   2. The A&E Department will Triage every single Patient coming to that Department as to who needs instant medical treament to those who can wait a certain period but as this can be a fast flowing Department the Triage System can change minute by minute dependent on the amount of Casualties/Patients they have to treat.   IMO you need to approach this from the beginning as to why your relative was prescribed that specific medication with there medical condition and that GPs reasoning at that time. (was this fully discussed with that relative at that time, as you say they have capacity to sign a letter, did they understand what the GP was saying at the time about this medication and did they agree to the GPs decision to prescribe this medication if they have capacity and were the possible side affects explained)   My concern is you state they have Dementia then state they have capacity to sign a letter but we are unaware of what type of Dementia the relative has i.e. is it early onset Dementia as you need to be very careful if they have memory loss issues with stating they have capacity to sign a letter when there is no Power of Attorney nor Deputyship in Place for that relative.    
    • Be Wiser is the Trading Name of Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited, an Insurance Broker (see this link Privacy Policy look under 'Who we are': https://www.bewiser.co.uk/privacy )   Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited Autonet Insurance Nile Street Burslem Stoke-On-Trent ST6 2BA   Company Number: 03642372   Incorporated: 1st October 1998   Company Type: Private Limited Company   Directors: Craig David Ball (Appointed 22nd March 2005) & Ian James Donaldson (Appointed 20th December 2004)   Companies House Link: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03642372   FCA Register: https://register.fca.org.uk/s/firm?id=001b000000MfWfKAAV (according to above link they have 36 different Trading Names)   As stated send them a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA' that little phrase covers whatever format they hold that Data in and they have 30 Calender Day to respond and the Time Limit only starts once they have acknowledged reciept of your SAR and are not asking for further identification which can then extend the time limit.   In the Privacy Policy Link: https://www.bewiser.co.uk/privacy  (see 9. What are your Right for who to send your SAR to (in fact see below))   Data Protection Officer Atlanta 1 Insurance Services Limited Autonet Insurance Nile Street Burslem Stoke-On-Trent ST6 2BA   There Terms & Condition on ther website isn't really clear on Cancellation in the circumstances you describe but it does mention elsewhere about if you have a telematics insurance policy to refer to suplementary information which isn't on there website.   Do you have a copy of your actual Polict that they sent you that you could post up in PDF Format and make sure it is redacted please as the T&Cs on there website may be different to your actual Policy due to them being a Broker.  
    • opps you emailed them asking to cancel you should have simply let one more payment go out then cancel the DD. they've had their money and £100's more than they ever should have gotten. cancel the DD ignore everyone.    
  • Our picks

    • Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
       
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
       
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
       
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
       
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
       
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
       
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
       
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
       
       
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Marice1 V HSBC **SETTLED AFTER WARRANT ISSUED**


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi all, couple of quick questions on MCOL:

1. What address did you use successfully online claim for HSBC - i am finding he system doesn't like Sheffield, S1 2US so much ??

2. What wording did you use in 'particulars of claim' ? I was thinking

"The regime of fees which have have been applied to my account by HSBC in relation to exceeding overdraft limits are unlawful as set out by the Office of Fair Trading (April 2006). I am seeking full refund of these charges taken from my bank account by HSBC."

3. If i elect to not reserve the right to claim interest, does this make a difference the weight of my claim ?

4. They gave me £100 refund for 'in view of the time i have devoted to my query as a gesture of good will.....' so should i take this off the sum i am seeking ?

thanks

mj

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi for

no 1, i used the 8 canada square address in contact forum

no 2, you can find particulairs you can copy in angieb v hsbc

no 3, claim the interest can add quite a bit toyour claim and is not hard to work out there is a spreadsheet in template libary

no 4, yes i think you do but if a mod can confirm

lastly good luck not long now xxx

  • Confused 1

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

 

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

 

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

 

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all. Lodged my MCOL on 8 Sept, had letter from court confirming 'notice of issue' and deemed served on 13th Sept.

Haven't heard anything from HSBC, no letter or anything.

Has anyone had this ? I could call judgement through the MCOL online system now (since past 14 days) or should i wait longer ? :| Or should I be doing something more ? Hope someone can help !

Thanks, MJ

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, don't wait any longer - get your default judgment NOW!! (I'm assuming here that the bank did not acknowledge service? If they did, they have 28 days rather than 14).

 

This way, unless the Court receives a defence before your judgment has been entered, the bank will have to pay up - or formally apply to the Court to get the judgment set aside!

 

Keep us posted!

If I've helped, please tick the scales at the bottom left of this message!

 

17th Sept: Found this site! :)

 

Lloyds TSB

 

22 Sept: Subject Access Req.

3 Nov: statements arrived. Charges calulated at:

A/c 1 - £2,178.01 + int of £1,206.54 (18.4% authorised)

A/c 2 - £206.11 + int of £211.07 (18.4%)

7 Nov - prelim.

3 Dec - LBA

13 Dec - £750 offered

23 Dec - £750 credited

28 Dec - rejection letter

2 March - issued

16 April - complained at court failure to forward defence

 

Halifax

 

22nd September: Subject Access Request.

4th November: No reply so LBA giving 7 days.

 

Cap One

 

22nd September: Subject Access Req.

5th October: Letter saying no record of account!

15th October: Replied telling them to try harder...

22nd October: Subject Access Req acknowledged.

Link to post
Share on other sites

the bank hasn't acknowledged it, just all gone quiet - you are right.

will get onto default judgement now...... thanks ! just wasn't sure if that was a bit over the top to roar into that

cheers, mj

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed - file for your judgment NOW !

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

 

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

Link to post
Share on other sites

Filed and now requested a warrant seeking payment in full immediately.

Have other people had to go through all this too - is has been heartening to see lots of of you out ther ehave been successful on with the perlim / LBA letters, and then some with the lodgement of the MCOL..... have others had to request judgement and warrant ? just looking for someone with some experience here as most dont seem to have ot go this far !!??

It was originally for around the £1650 mark..... what a kuffuffle !

:confused: thanks in advance for your help, marice

Link to post
Share on other sites

Filed and now requested a warrant seeking payment in full immediately through MCOL. Never heard anything from HSBC on my initial MCOL, not even a letter, no acknowledgement in the system either.

Have other people had to go through all this too - is has been heartening to see lots of of you out there have been successful on with the perlim / LBA letters, and then some with the lodgement of the MCOL..... have others had to request judgement and warrant ? just looking for someone with some experience here as most dont seem to have ot go this far !!??

It was originally for around the £1650 mark..... what a kuffuffle !

:confused: thanks in advance for your help, marice

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi marice, try going to the hsbc forum, click on search this thread and type in warrant. it brings up all the threads where people have discussed this issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think that when the claims get to this stage, it's because you've somwhow slipped through HSBCs 'net' as it were, i don't think they let it get this far deliberatly, it's not in their interest to. I would give DG solicitors a ring and talk to them, tell them that you have now requested a judgement, i think you'll find they'll move pretty quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

does this not mean that they have a ccj against them? you could mention the bit aboiut beging a proper person to hold a consumer credit liscence, sureley if they have judgements issued against them they will loose said liscence?

i knwo next week when i get to MCOL with them i will be copying a letter to their solics and to their head office address stating that i am suing them and then they cant say they didnt know and try and get judgements set aside etc.

good luck and keep us informed.

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

 

 

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

The solicitors would simply say they haven't recieved the forms, the judge would then set the judgement aside and HSBC would pay up fast to stop the judgement being applied again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...