Advice please re SCM OH's lloyds debt

Prudence
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

We were paying SCM a small payment for years re a CCJ my husband had from Lloyds around 2001/2. We recently changed bank accounts & I didn't renew the DDs to a few DCA's we had been paying for years nominal monthly amounts. I sent CCA requests to a couple of them. Now my husband has had a letter from SCM to get in touch and matching up the ref nos. I see one of the DCA direct debits I cancelled was relating to SCM (altho it was paying something named HD Collection Acc ). Now he's had a letter this morning to get in touch. What shall we do? Re-set up the direct debit?, it's for about £2000 but it doesn't look like it's gone down any, in fact I'm sure it's gone up. Many thanks

A ccj from that period would be unlikely to have included contractual interest which means you only have to pay what was stated in the court order, SCM have more than likely added interest and charges which they are not entitled to do.

Personally I would work out roughly how much has been paid, deduct it from the original amount and see roughly what the difference is. Then write to them and demand a statement of account.

If this a/c has changed hands it is unlikely that they have any record of it & given its age if they attempted to try for enforcement the court would require them to produce the original court reference number.

• 3 weeks later...

Thankyou for the advice cerberus. I have been searching for the last paperwork record I have of this debt. As it's been going on for years, I haven't been able to find it. I don't think the amount should be more than £1500, probably even less. Shall I write for the Statement of Account anyway? We haven't heard anything further from them.

Thankyou very much cerberus. We only stopped paying this debt about 3 or 4 months ago tho, when we changed bank accounts. We were paying nominal amounts of about £5 per month for years. So I don't think the letter will apply?

• dx100uk changed the title to Advice please re SCM OH's lloyds debt