Innocent before Guilty...

Catkins01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first posting and I really hope someone can help...

I have a problem with a leading catalogue company (Littlewoods). I returned two items to this catalogue via their courier service, completing all the rules/regulations etc. that they require as well as calling them directly and asking for their advice on the best way to return the goods as the items in question were of a high value and I didn't want any confusion to be created.

Anyway, the long and short of it is they originally credited these items back to my account and then several days later charged one of the items back to my account, when I questioned them about this they then informed me that on opening one of the boxes in the packages the item was missing and there was now an investigation taking place to find out what happened. I know for definite that both items were securely placed within their original packaging and safely dispose of to the courier that came to collect them and I have said this to the company on several occasion when I have had to contact them.

This has now gone on for a couple of months and I still have had no correspondence from the company regarding any investigation taking place. Finally today I managed to get through to the department dealing with this so called investigation and they informed me that each high value package is opened with two people present and therefore the conclusion to their investigation is that the item was missing when they opened the package.

After telling the umteenth person my version of the story they have now told me to send a letter in of appeal along with the actual receipts from the courier that I was given when returning the items.

How do I prove that those items were in the packaging when I returned them and does anyone know what I should be writing in this letter of appeal that I haven't already told them over the phone?

I would be most grateful for any help you can give me with this situation, it's really making me depressed when I think they are going to force me to pay for something I don't have.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,

I think that from now on you deal with this in writing. No more phone calls.

I would send the appeal letter explaining everything but I wouldn't include the courier receipts. Send Photocopies and state that you will keep them as if they try to take you court over this, you want proof that you sent them back.

You followed procedure and if someone else along the chain gets light fingered (allegedly your honour) that cannot be your fault.

They cannot prove you didn't enclosed the items in the boxes/packages

edit: how do you pay your payments?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

When you sent the items back, weren't they weighed - and do you have evidence of their weight?

Thanks guys for your responses.

BankFodder - the items are not weighed, they are just packaged up and given to a courier who collects them from my address. Never thought of weighing them but definitely will do from now on.

SilverFox 1961 - I pay monthly by debit card, at the moment I still have an outstanding balance, although it's not large but once that is paid off I am not going to start paying for items I don't have, I'm just worried that this will then start down the line with debt collectors etc.

I will send the letter and will take your advice and not send the orginals of proof of return.

Many thanks for your help everyone, I'll let you know how things go. Cheers

I'm a little concerned that they have your debit card details.

It's not unknown for a creditor to debit the account-even without the permission of the cardholder.

I would look for an alternative form of payment in the meantime and only pay what you legitimately owe.

Incrediblesulk makes a good point. Why not have a chat with your local plod?

I would also put in your letter that you will pay what you owe but will not be making any payment on the items returned and for them to isolate the amount owing as "disputed"

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE