UKCPS Ltd judgement -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, we have received a ticket from UKCPS Ltd for parking in a disabled bay. There not interested in appeal or copy of blue badge. The registered keeper was not the driver. We have taken advice and ignored all correspondence threatening this and that. We have now received a judgement from Northampton County Court in UKCPS' favour asking for £175.00!!!! Failure to pay will mean a judgement against our name. I have checked the phone numbers on judgement with directory enquiries and they match with the county court and the person on the phone at the court bulk centre confirming our ref number and name! Surely this is genuine!

Has anyone else received a judgement from Northampton County Court. It will now cost us £75 just to apply to have the judgement set aside (not refundable even if we win).

Would be very grateful for anyones advice!

Thank you.

Did do, but they wanted payment before appeal! Also followed forums advice by ignoring some of the correspondence. Anyway, a warning to others! Thanks to the 'claim money online' programme through the court looks like they've got the upper hand. Would have been better to pay the £60 straight away! This will now go to court at a cost of £75 just to defend judgement - GREAT! Poor advice on watchdog. I really dont think these parking tickets can be no longer ignored!

No, you should have been given the chance to defend their claim before they got judgment. Why did you not defend as you state in your post you have a good defence?

They can only get a judgment against you if you do not defend their claim. The watchdog advice and all the advice on forums is SOUND advice as it is tried and tested advice.

If you got a judgment against you it was because you did not defend the initial claim so therefore that is down to you not the advice posted on forums!

hello all:-)

Looking at the OP's replies there seems to be some confusion between the PPC's "appeals" process ( hence the phrase "but they wanted payment before appeal!"), and the receipt of actual court papers (assuming they were actually received by the OP).

"Also followed forums advice by ignoring some of the correspondence. Anyway, a warning to others! Thanks to the 'claim money online' programme through the court looks like they've got the upper hand. Would have been better to pay the £60 straight away! This will now go to court at a cost of £75 just to defend judgement - GREAT! Poor advice on watchdog. I really dont think these parking tickets can be no longer ignored!"

Can i ask which forum has advised you to ignore court papers? This is not the standard advice of the main forums who advise on private parking matters.Would be interesting to know where you got the advice to ignore court papers. I can see you are a new poster on CAG so i take it that this advice was not from CAG?

hello all:-)

OP, can you post scans of the paperwork received from Northampton so we can give proper advice?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I too have just received a final final final notification of prosecution from Ukcps and signed by Peter Haswell who decribes himself as the office manager. He's going on about clearly failed to honour a contract we/I did not enter into. My crime was to be the registered keeper of a vehicle who's owner forgot to put the council issued disabled parking badge on the dash when parked in a disabled space at B&Q Aintree. For this they have wanted me to pay sums varying from £40 for a successul appeal to £320 for an unsuccessful one. I have, as yet not deigned to reply. However am I correct in assuming that should he decide to prosecute I will get court papers which will allow me the chance to have my say or will a judgement be handed down without my involvement?

Yet another example of UKCPS (who are working closely with the disabled charity Mobilise) persecuting and harassing a disabled driver who made a simple mistake. Mobilise should be ashamed of themselves for associating themselves with this PPC.

I too have just received a final final final notification of prosecution from Ukcps and signed by Peter Haswell who decribes himself as the office manager. He's going on about clearly failed to honour a contract we/I did not enter into. My crime was to be the registered keeper of a vehicle who's owner forgot to put the council issued disabled parking badge on the dash when parked in a disabled space at B&Q Aintree. For this they have wanted me to pay sums varying from £40 for a successul appeal to £320 for an unsuccessful one. I have, as yet not deigned to reply. However am I correct in assuming that should he decide to prosecute I will get court papers which will allow me the chance to have my say or will a judgement be handed down without my involvement?

poppyspups - UKCPS ltd are not able to help you unless you do get in touch. Following the advice on this forum to ignore means it is impossible to make a guess at your status or reasons for appeal. The amounts you quote are fictitious - they do not correspond to any of the letters you may have received from us. The contract entered into is clearly displayed on signs throughout the retail park and has been upheld as valid by several County Court Judges - most recently in the Woodman - UKCPS Ltd case at Liverpool County Court. Getting in touch means this can be resolved. Ignoring means UKCPS can only assume you are unwilling to settle and therefore we need to take action to recover the amount owing

Absolutely correct.

Do not even bother with their 'appeals' process. It is non-existent and serves only to prove that you are a live candidate for harassment. The 'appeal' will be denied and the letters will start anyway.

The only correspondence you need to take note of would be from the County Court where you indicate your intention to defend.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lexi1234

I received a a parking charge notice and went to court had to pay them £425 i would not suggest it, have you got a court date yet, ?

I received a a parking charge notice and went to court had to pay them £425 i would not suggest it, have you got a court date yet, ?

Are you saying that you actually were taken to court by UKCPS, lost, and had to pay £425?