Nemo

Mr Worried

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

My mate has just been to see me re Nemo, he has a £30k loan with them £550pmth and he cant pay that much anymore, he asked them for help over the phone and they replied..miss 2 month and we'll take your home.

He is very worried although I was able to calm him down re my experiences etc.

Is there a letter he can send to them ( other than hardship ) asking for help

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

I would advise your mate NOT to speak to them on the phone. If they did go to court as he had missed two payments there are lots of things that can be done, including bringing into play the Mortgage Rescue scheme (if applicable) in fact, why not look into that now as it does take some time. DONT let the company know what you are doing.

Make a schedule of all the payments he has made

Make a schedule of all the charges the company has applied to the account

Get a copy of the original loan schedule and check that it complies with the relevant acts (others can help on this)

Keep everything in writing, if the company phones email them with details of the call and the name of the caller as confirmation, that seems to throw a lot of organisations into a spin at the moment, one sent me back "It is illegal to record a call..." I sent back "I did NOT record the call I made a note of the details and confirmed it in writing with you as a backup."

"It is illegal to record a call..."
It is not illegal to record a call, if it where just about every financial institution, debt collector etc would be breaking the law. Truecall is a worthwhile investment and can be bought through CAG

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

It is amazing how many of the DCAs think it IS illegal to record a call and that WE need a licence to do so... however this is digressing from the original post.... try not to talk to people on the phone as they will mislead you.

The Telephone Harrassment letter and Doorstep visit letters can be printed out and sent as appropriate.

Hi Again

I advised him what you said, however he is not like us, or at least as I was 2 yr ago.

I shall direct him as I have been by others.

He also told me that they offered him another loan to pay ' this one off ' crazy crazy...

Cheers

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)