Laptop Issue - warranty question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought an Acer laptop from Tesco 2/10/09 and within 2 months it developed a problem - the mouse pad looked like it was wearing away. The sleek grey finish had a round mark in the middle and it turned from grey to light grey to white to black and it was very unsightly. A few months after that the OS crashed.

I sent the LT to Acer Warranty Repair in June just after the OS crash and it came back repaired but already the mousepad problem has returned and I am now wary that the OS problem my return too. Thing is, if I just contact warranty they will just book another job in and recitify the problem for another short term fix bthat will last a few months but my warranty expires on 2nd October!

Should I raise the matter elsewhere within Acer and if so, how?

Am I correct in understanding that because the LT problems are occuring in a less than reasonable timeframe, does that mean that I need not worry if my warranty expires because even in 6 months time, you wouldn't reasonably expect the finish to be wearing off in such a way?

Thx

Edited by 1mper1um

If you raised the issue within six months of purchase...to my knowledge through managing in retail, you can prove there was a defect not caused by yourself. I know in the business I work for if the problem occurs three times then we replace the product...We also usually repair or replace out of warranty if the consumer can prove the fault within six months of purchase not caused by them :)