Private Room Rental - Landlord Right of Access.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have a question relating to a landlords right of entry. I received a note from an agent acting on behalf of the landlord (another tenant in the same house.) It states his intention to enter my room to carry out an inspection as part of "legal and insurance responsibilities." It states the inspection will take place sometime in the next week and that he will let himself in ifI am not present.

Whilst I understand the landlord has the right to enter the property at a reasonable time with 24 hours notice, is he required to specify a date and time?

I have no issue with an inspection being carried out at all. It just feels that, for the next week, I have very little actual privacy given the landlord can enter on a whim.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Mark

The landlord lives in the same property as yourself?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Ah OK sorry - I'm with you now.

Strictly speaking, they should give a specific time.

However, if there are no other issues with the tenancy, I would advise to pick your battles carefully, galling as it may be!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!