Third Party Payments?

xmedia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have two debts from 1998 that I am being pursued for at present in my maiden name

I personally have not paid any payments to these debts in the last 6 years, however my ex husband did make some payments to a

previous debt collection agency on one of them

Can I loophole that no payments have been made BY ME to declare them statute barred?

If the debts are joint ones and payment has been made by both parties in the past then no, if the debt is in your name only and you had previously been the only person paying then yes.

Do they say when the last payment was made by your ex and can they clearly be identified as being made by him. Get this in writing, DO NOT TALK TO THEM ON THE PHONE as they will tell you all sorts of porkies....

Which DCA and which original creditor is involved here?

I have two debts from 1998 that I am being pursued for at present in my maiden name

I personally have not paid any payments to these debts in the last 6 years, however my ex husband did make some payments to a

previous debt collection agency on one of them

Can I loophole that no payments have been made BY ME to declare them statute barred?

Make sure the credit reference agencies are aware of the fact you are no longer financialy associated as well.

If in doubt get copies of your file - then contact the CRA's disassociating yourself from him.

Send them the SB letter, that puts the onus on them to prove otherwise. It is not adequate for them to say no it's not Statute Barred as a payment was made in 2008 or whenever, they have to prove a payment was made and how it was made. The fact that your husband made a payment is debatable because he could have thought he was paying his own debt.

If they come back and say A Mugg made a payment by DD card or cheque in two thousand & frozen stiff you just turn round and say you are not A Mugg.

No this is for two debts I have in my maiden name so not joint debts, I have never made any payments myself on these since they were defaulted in 1998/1999 ish. So technically I have never paid any repayments to any DCA for these debts myself, debts are in my maiden name, which due to the age could make them statute barred. Its Crapquest who have sent me a Statutory Demand for Bankruptcy for one of them, the overdrawn current account I had i my maiden name.

My ex husband paid Robinson Way £40 month for 5 years on one of them and stopped in Feb 2007. Crapquest claim they have deed of assignment from October 2007. Figures Crapquest claim I owe are same as they were when Robinson Way had them, prior to the 5 years worth of payments by ex.

No this is for two debts I have in my maiden name so not joint debts, I have never made any payments myself on these since they were defaulted in 1998/1999 ish. So technically I have never paid any repayments to any DCA for these debts myself, debts are in my maiden name, which due to the age could make them statute barred. Its Crapquest who have sent me a Statutory Demand for Bankruptcy for one of them, the overdrawn current account I had i my maiden name.

My ex husband paid Robinson Way £40 month for 5 years on one of them and stopped in Feb 2007. Crapquest claim they have deed of assignment from October 2007. Figures Crapquest claim I owe are same as they were when Robinson Way had them, prior to the 5 years worth of payments by ex.