Parking Bay Regulations (pics included)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a ticket in a council run car park this weekend, I have been attempting to read up on the regulations for parking bays but they seem to apply to bays on streets. My ticket was issued for parking over the bay lines, I wish to appeal it as when I pulled into the car park that was the space left there between two other cars! There was a disabled bay next to mine, I presumed they had just moved over the bays to lets someone out and everyoen else followed suit!

However I was hoping for something more concrete. I noticed the lines are badly worn away, can anyone point me to which rules apply to this type of bay and whether I stand a chance in arguing they were poorly/incorrectly marked?

Thanks in advance.

Edit - I tried to insert a picture but my post count is not high enough, pic can be sent on request, essentiall the 'T' at the end of each line can be seen, but the line itself is totally faded aside from approximately a foot at the opposite end of the T. I appreciate that might be difficult t ounderstand in words.....!

IMGP1641.jpg

It is pretty obvious from the photos where the individual bays are - indeed from your description you could see as well. I would suggest that line of appeal would not succeed.

I think what you need is: 1. The off-street parking order - the council can provide you with a copy. It defines the regulations for the car park. Check they have one, as they cannot enforce PCNs without one, and if they do that it is correct in its description of the site and how it all works. And 2. you need to check what the regulations are on the sign at the car park. This should tell you what parking is allowed and what isn't.

Issues with either of those may give you a line of appeal.