help with Intrum Justitia

jb07

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

my daughters been sorting all her finances out through CAB, everything going fine,

finally had everything on track....

Until, she completely missed her payment date with Intrum Justitia, she was supposed to pay an instalment beginning of this month, she thought it was the end of the month....shes been on the phone to me in tears, shes phoned them to explain, but they say she had her chance and missed it, so theyre sending baliffs to the house this friday...its for £500

Ive never heard of this company and cant afford to help her out...any thoughts anyone? its her boyfriends house and shes scared to tell him...

cheers xx

so theyre sending baliffs to the house this friday...its for £500
Not without a court order they're not & in order to get that they would have needed to of first obtained a CCJ against your daughter which she defaulted on.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

LYING TOE RAGS!!!

Stay off the phone to them, they've had their chance now too, No BAILIFFS will EVER turn up so don't worry about that, lying incompetent fools, makes my blood boil.

For any chance of bailiffs to turn up, first they have to take her to court, then they have to win and have a CCJ awarded against her, then she will have to fail to make payments on that CCJ, they then have to go back to court and request permission for a 'court certified' bailiff to be used to collect the outstanding balance.

IJ are fools, and are attempting to exploit your lack of knowledge, Personally, in response to their blatant lies and intimidation I would pay them nothing but the token payment of £1 and lodge a formal complaint with them and you MUST make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Never speak to the morons over the phone again, as your daughter has found out to her cost, they lie, bully and intimidate people over the phone, something which they will never do in writing.

There will be NO BAILIFFS, not Friday, nor any time in the future they can't afford it. If she pays the fools £1 a month which is the token payment they will find it extremely hard if not impossible to put in front of Judge.

Has the CAB suggested you both find out if the DCA's are legally allowed to collect these alleged debts?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

sorry, but can only txt her at the moment, cause she doesnt want her boyfriend to know, that baliffs maybe turning up on fri to remove his stuff!! trying to find out about this natwest overdraft thing,

cheers

x

she doesnt want her boyfriend to know, that baliffs maybe turning up on fri to remove his stuff!!
Nobody will be turning up to remove anything, it was their telephone troll deviating from his script & trying to intimidate your daughter into making payment.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

spoken to daughter this morning, this whole thing is for the natwest overdraft, shes never been to court and hasnt got a CCJ over it..

theyre threatening with high interest charges on top of money owed ( it was frozen, when the agreement was set up)...told her not to speak to them.

cheers

x

TBH IJ are a joke, if she ignores them long enough they'll just pass the a/c back. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually it might be interesting to go on to the OFFENSIVE here -- you could write to Natwest saying what on earth do they expect to gain by sending threatening letters with the prospect of pushing up the Interest rates.

Can't their tiny pea brains get it into their thick skulls that if someone is in difficulties NOW with paying they certainly won't be able to afford high interest charges and if you were STUPID enough to attempt to take this to court the case would either be dismissed (depending on the level of charges) or you would get awarded a nominal 1 GBP a month as that's all the debtor can afford to pay.

I think sometimes its worth taking the fight BACK to these bullies and they will soon realize that they will really get LESS money by these sort of tactics than by a REASONABLE approach.

If I EVER get a threatening letter from a Solicitor I ALWAYS send it back saying HOW DARE YOU ADDRESS ME LIKE THIS.

Please apologise and send me a CIVILIZED request stating what the problem is and your authority to act on it.

Most of the time I never even get another reply.

Cheers

jimbo

Get your daughter to write a FORMAL COMPLAINT to Intrum Justitia (~what a STUPID named lot they are~) and to copy in the local Trading Standards (do this via the consumer direct website) and the Office of Fair Trading and OFCOM.

Also put a complaint into the Credit Services Association and to the Ministry of Justice, the MOJ seems to be coming pro-active in closing down companies in the financial sector who do not toe the proper lines...

Tell your daughter if they phone up and ask for security details tell them "Whos security details are you after...." I also have a habit of answering unknown callers in Japanese.... causes a lot of confusion their end!

Whatever she does she shouldn't speak gibberish because they'll understand that. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intrum Justitia (~what a STUPID named lot they are~)

I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday, so tried to get to the bottom of their ridiculous name, thinking there might be some real meaning to it, but could only find the following, which just about sums them all up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrum_Justitia

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!