Suing Insurance for negligence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Dottyspog. I have to say that you're a relative newbie and biting the hand that feeds you, so to speak, may not get you very far on these forums. I hope you think you've had some useful advice.

People are here to help if they can, please believe me.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Honeybee,

I've had a nosey through a few of the threads and have seen some extremely helpful people on here, which is the reason I signed up and asked for the advice I did. I'd already contacted a Solicitor for advice but thought it was worth asking on here while I waited for a response. I may be a "newb" to this particular board, but that doesn't make my opinion any less valid than anyone elses, and I resent the implication that someone who knows very little about my case and who clearly couldn't be bothered to even read the thread properly had the audacity to assume his opinion had more validity - to the point of telling me how many times he'd sued insurance companies. To tell me I would have lost my case is not constructive, factual or even necessary. I don't recall ever requesting an opinion on the merits of my case, merely who to direct it at. He seemed incapable of even grasping the fact that I hadn't lost this case in court!

As you can see from the posts he continued to make, he has some kind of problem and will undoubtedly post again, which I will ignore on the basis that he seems to feel the need to see his pixels more than have a desire to actually be constructive on my thread and I have reached a satisfactory outcome (odd given I had no chance of success!)

I hope other "newbs" are given better advice from people as that kind of comment could prevent them from getting the outcome they deserve purely because someone feels they are better than others on here.

Goodness, are you still here....?

Please continue to misrepresent my posts if you like - people like often come (and go) with monotonus regularity. The 'chances of success' being discussed (since you obviously forgot in your ongoing tirades) was who to take to court. Not your supposed 'success' at getting someone to meet your demands. I would have thought you would have exhausted this first, before resorting to the courts.

You may believe you've had some success, but I don't think anybody else does. You would not have got far in court, and this would have held true if you had gone the course. But as you're not reading my posts, I can cope with your continuing silence on the matter. As for the clarification on sex - I was never in any doubt.

JonCris, thanks for the advice - I'd not even considered a SAR and I don't know why! The insurance company has offered to pay my uninsured losses and an amount for distress and the delay in dealing with the claim, which I've accepted (it was the figure I'd had in mind). It's caused me so many problems that I'm just glad to have it over and done with now and they have finally updated my NCD so I can claim premium refunds for the last 3 years :-D

I'm more than happy to discuss the matter with people who can comprehend basic English :-)

Spelling and grammer all perfect. Mind you, I'm always happy to discuss things with people who have a grasp of reality... but that's just me. :|

• 2 weeks later...
JonCris, thanks for the advice - I'd not even considered a SAR and I don't know why! The insurance company has offered to pay my uninsured losses and an amount for distress and the delay in dealing with the claim, which I've accepted (it was the figure I'd had in mind). It's caused me so many problems that I'm just glad to have it over and done with now and they have finally updated my NCD so I can claim premium refunds for the last 3 years :-D

Well done :-D