Personally delivered Stat Demand

kyamtoby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning at 8am there was a knock at the door, it was a chap to personally serve me a Statuory demand for bankruptcy. One was sent to me through the post a few months ago which i ignored, but now i've been personally given it i'm worried.

The debt is for £1020 and owed to Natwest. The Stat demand is from Capquest and signed by Barry Davies (after reading a few threads i believe he is quite well known around here!!)

The man who came to my door rang Capquest and made me speak to them on the doorstep, they demanded full payment but i said i couldn't afford to, and so he asked what i could afford each month. I said i didn't have time to work it out as i had to get the kids ready for school. He said i MUST ring back sometime today with an offer of payment.

My wife was recently diagnosed with cancer and has had to give up work for the time being, and I only work part time for Royal mail. So money is really tight at the mo.

Can someone please advise me of what i should do??

I'm 99% sure the debt is over 6 years old but the stat demand says "original creditor - Natwest - 30th oct 07"

The last time the account was used was approx 6-7 years ago.

No i've not checked my credit file. Strangley i filled out the form to check it a few weeks ago and it came back as saying i had already applied to see it and i have to sign in with my original details. But i've never applied to see it before as far as i can remember

Well well

it seems our friends at the cra have tipped off crappyquest

right then, this is what i need you to do

phone crappyquest on the number that is on the statutory demand and ask to speak to barry davies

dont go through security with the phone drone, just ask to speak to barry davies.

You will get no reply so put the phone down

you do this today

tomorow

and thursday

same routine

no conversation with phone muppetts, if you dont get to speak with him direct on that phone number, hang up

if you do get through (has to be a first time for everything)

say you are applying to have the sd set asside with cost and you will be requesting documentation

dont get into any conversation

I kind of got in a conversation this morning though. He asked where i work, do i have a car etc etc. In hindsight i shouldn't of spoke to him but i panicked.

What do i do in a few days if i've not spoke to him??

Do i need to get the stat demand set aside? how do i do this?

when we get this set asside, crappyquest will never be able to issue a stat demand again

you will end up with £200 to £300 in costs

tomotow is the last day for you to try and contact him

ill then do the set asside forms for you