style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

who else thinks it is going to be cold and miserable? I think we are going to be smitten with strikes, power cuts, shortages and bad weather.

The unions seem to want to cause chaos in relatilation for the cutbacks, and I dont blame them, but I think we are going to get a dose of the 1970`s big time.

I really hope not but I think we have trouble ahead :mmph:

There was a lot of low lying mist on the ground this morning as I came on my bus ride, and I have been predicting a bad winter again this year because of the amount of berries on the trees/bushes, also the trees should have started shedding their leaves about now but very little sign of it - again another sign for a long winter to come...

Wonder if we will be cut off by snow my end again!

There was a lot of low lying mist on the ground this morning as I came on my bus ride, and I have been predicting a bad winter again this year because of the amount of berries on the trees/bushes, also the trees should have started shedding their leaves about now but very little sign of it - again another sign for a long winter to come...

Wonder if we will be cut off by snow my end again!

Does your end get quite cold then ? lol..

I need a bit of cheering up, had lots of hassle lately, but tomorrow is a good day - OUT OF MAIN DEBT PROBLEMS FOR GOOD - two final payments going out - YAY....

Will not have a lot left this month but it is only for a few weeks, and then I will be £400 a month better off!

Winter heating bill might be lower this quarter as trying to get immersion heater timer sorted this weekend, and found out that one of my heater timers was faulty - so heater is being replaced completely by more efficient one - courtesy of landlord YAY.....

I need a bit of cheering up, had lots of hassle lately, but tomorrow is a good day - OUT OF MAIN DEBT PROBLEMS FOR GOOD - two final payments going out - YAY....

Will not have a lot left this month but it is only for a few weeks, and then I will be £400 a month better off!

Winter heating bill might be lower this quarter as trying to get immersion heater timer sorted this weekend, and found out that one of my heater timers was faulty - so heater is being replaced completely by more efficient one - courtesy of landlord YAY.....

That's nice that things are going your way. How long has it taken you?

According to a local farmer who is well into his 80's who is a regular customer at work, we are supposed to be in for a long hard winter this year, well up here anyway, it will be worse than the one just past.

We had snow from the week before Christmas for 3 solid weeks here, and it snowed everyday too!!!

Its taken just about four years, had a load of small bills I managed to pay off in lump sums and these are the tail of two biggish ones which came along and eventually decided I owed half what they originally claimed...

I will at least be able to get a couple of new jumpers for Winter this year!

We already have had a 'winter weather' briefing on the Underground network so they are making sure supplies are being ordered now before people start upping the price....

Stocked up on salt today, just in case. We have a coal fire in our house, it can be a pain, everything gets dusty when it's on, but it is lovely and cosy on a cold winters day!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I dont mind it when I am inside, skating about on the pavements is a bit tricky though!! I am going to be self employed from the first of October. I can divide my time between the office and home, guess where I will be if the weather is bad? lol

QUOTE=determindator;3135902]Hi SG, so glad your bits getting sorted. The Holiday Inn sounds a must. Do they have a swimming pool and jacuzzi?

Yes, the Holiday Inn has a smallish pool and a jacuzzi, very nice pool, doesn't get too busy and not too deep...

looks like my knitted hat will come in handy for me which you knitted.

Don't forget to wash the hat in hot water then when it is nearly dry you can 'mould' it to the shape of your head, I've got a few more balls of wool to do hats and scarves for winter.

If anyone wants any links to knitting patterns please let me know, perhaps I should put them in the tips, tons of free links on the internet....

I'll PM you some videos on that....

Just remembered that one of the cider companies (think it is Brothers) has brought out a 'seasonal winter cider', toffee apple flavour designed to be drunk warm with a pinch of spice... must get some when I am shopping at the weekend...

yes I still have some candles left from the 70`s! Thye must be rock hard now will burn for ever but not give out much light.

I have got one of those million candle power torches which Sainsburys Homebase had on offer the other week. I think the only other thing to do is to stock up on batteries there is no point in going too mad as the power cuts are only on for a relatively short time.

The daftest thing I heard was my friend who was convinced we were having power cuts a while ago. She decided to buy a small generator. When her husband came home he asked her where she had put it as he wanted to look at it. She replied she had put it in the garage. He asked her what good would it do in there in the event of a power cut as they had an electric garage door!

Interesting, getting emails on my phone before they are on the forum!

This is replying to Pappasmurf1cx - in the USA they have what is known as a 'hurricane tshirt/sweatshirt. Basically you take a sweatshirt or teeshirt with sleeves and stuff it with useful stuff and keep it handy in case a hurricane comes up, it has the following basic items in it

Torch with batteries and spare batteries

Candles with matches and lighter refills

Money (they have decided that $50 or about £30 is useful for emergencies in case the cashpoints go town (ATM machines)

Bottle of water and water purifying tablets

Small first aid kit

Change of underwear

Copies of insurance documents

I can get the full list as I have it bookmarked at home - sounds like a VERY good idea to me, I think I will be starting one of these in the next few weeks - just in case.....