Northern Ireland Car Finance

Timed~Out
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All - been registered here for a while but this is my first post. Following guidance from other parts of CAG I challenged several credit card companies a few years ago to the validity of the agreements as they were slowly strangling me with ever increasing APRs and I was using all my disposable income just to pay the interest and stay afloat! To cut a long story short I now have several defaults on my credit file but from 2 years ago no company has taken me to court as they have not produced the goods even though threatening me with everything from CCJ to putting a charge on my house.

I understand 6 years after the defaults expire my credit rating should improve but has anyone, particularly from Northern Ireland, any experience in getting car credit during this time and what is the best way to go about it? All options considered from leasing, pcp, hp etc

Whichever way you finance, it will be more expensive because of the defaults.

Why not buy a low value car and then save up for a newer car, you can get some really nice cars for £500 and it will save you £thousands.

Thats what I have done so far, I am driving an 8 year old clio with 120K on the clock. I drive approx 20k miles per year commuting and the repairs and wear and tear maintenance have cost me many times the cars value so far!

I appreciate that if I get a deal I will pay over the odds for it but overall I think it may be worth it to try and build my credit rating again? I know there are a lot of companies doing deals the UK but a lot of them wont touch Northern Ireland even though it is classed as much in the UK as Scotland or Wales.

Just curious if there are any companies in Northern Ireland that cater for people in my predicament....