• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Global Debt Recovery

missme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I got an EMAIL from Global Debt recovery ?!

"Dear Miss Me

We strongly advise you to telephone the undersigned IMMEDIATELY on receipt of this e-mail.

Yours sincerely, blah blah"

It had a reference number on it.

So I called the number and spoke to this guy. He was friendly. We established that it was regarding a debt from Aktiv Kapital. Who have passed it on to Global. He said that they'd BEEN INSTRUCTED to recover the debt in full (must be debt secret code for I'm trying to be scary)...

It's a bit suss though because they have my old postal address...:-x:-x

He asked for the £1188 upfront! I said that I wasn't in a position to give him money today. Silly me gave him my card details.

I said I could pay a certain amount at the end of the month. Do you think I should request a CCA first and cancel my card...so they can't take it out.

I feel a bit confused. I hope I haven't messed up!

Inform your bank that your card details have been compromised and get them to stop any payments which may come in on it. DO THIS IN WRITING.

Send the email to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct and send it to the Office of Fair Trading, it is very misleading and unclear and is against the OFT guidelines for debt collecting.

I doubt that they will know what you have reported, as it is happening to them all the time.

If you complain online here: Consumer Direct they will take details but just use them to build up a case in general they do not handle individual cases.

It would depend on the type of debt with regards to the CCA route, Credit Card/Loan etc fine go ahead, but not for bank accounts and overdrafts.

Do not worry at all about what they may might, or could do, they are powerless once you stop talking to them on the telephone.

Most important, cancel your card.

• 2 weeks later...

last week I got an EMAIL from global debt recovery - it was bizarre because it's a funny way to get touch with someone about a debt. when I called them they had my old details...:mad2:

they guy was a bit horrid saying they need the whole amount as it's been passed on by aktiv..blah blah

i posted on here last week....can't attach link though :sad:

Following the advice from you kind folk on this board I sent them the CCA request letter...it was rather odd them emailing me directly and having an old address even though Aktiv have my new address.

I received a response from global a week later saying " that they have referred the CCA request back to Aktiv and they've put the collection on hold" is this true do you think?

this is from a store card debt - from topshop ages ago

I cancelled my card anyway...worried about them having my details...:violin:

Yes, if they cannot get hold of your CCA then they have to put your account on hold until they do.

If they haven't sent you a copy within the 12+2 days then send them the account in dispute letter.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

How long is it since you made any kind of payment towards this debt ? any chance it may be statute barred ? how old is the account ?....i.e. If you have not made any kind of payment towards the debt in 6 years or if there is a gap of at least 6 years (5 in Scotland) where no payment was made.....

Don't know what your hitting but your not posting into your thread. lol.

Hold on and I will find your thread and answer in there.

It's ok site team have merged them for you.

When the 12+2 days are up send the account in dispute letter to whoever you sent the CCA to.

Edited by huggys boss
confused.com

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

thanks for merging..i'm new to this site!!

the money due when i agreed with my card was today and of course i've just had a missed call and another EMAIL from them!!

I reckon that guy that is dealing with my account is possibly on commission and I very much doubt he has seen the letter that global wrote to me about my account being passed back to aktiv

:mad2:

since only received the response from global on Monday which makes me think they were so quick to hand it back to Aktiv

Do I reply to this email?:madgrin:

I think I should write a letter requesting them to not email me...any suggestions?

should I be concerned that global have called me today - depsite them writing to me on Monday - or do you think the different departments have missed each other?

cheers

miss me :whoo:

If you answer the phone to them you have 2 options, either refuse to go through security and tell them to put it in writing, or if your confident enough, speak to them and point out the error or their ways.

WE USUALLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU NEVER SPEAK TO A DCA!

You can write or email them to request they stop emailing you but it probably wont do you much good.

You could reply to the email explaining what is going on, and request that they write to you to explain why they think they have the right to collect this alleged debt.

As was asked before, how long ago did you make a payment on the card?

I have never made a payment to global...they only contacted me last week and I cancelled the card...:lol:

I last made a payment to aktiv april/march this year

Is there anything official which prevents them from emailing?

do you think i should write to them with a print out of the email and to confirm that they've handed it back to aktiv?

:madgrin:

I don't think there is anything you can do about the emails. You can either open them or ignore them.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time contacting either of them. Wait until Aktiv or which ever DCA they pass it onto next gets in touch with you.

I have never made a payment to global...they only contacted me last week and I cancelled the card...:lol:

I last made a payment to aktiv april/march this year

Is there anything official which prevents them from emailing?

I would send them one final email telling them that you'll only communicate in writing and advise them that as of this email thier address will be blocked, should they have multiple address's just block those as well

do you think i should write to them with a print out of the email and to confirm that they've handed it back to aktiv?

:madgrin:

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Never thought of that Rev :!:

Blonde + hungover = Braindead.

Never thought of that Rev :!:

Blonde + hungover = Braindead.

:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=