FirstPlus/eversheds/PPI

ryangb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

Not too sure where this should go be its an issue that I have with regard to repossession and other things.

I got taken to court for non payment a few years ago and i won and managed to carry paying it on.

I got made redundant in May 2010 and tried claim against the PPI that was on the loan. I contacted Firstplus (the secured loan provider) to say i had been made redundant. I got a letter back saying that the PPI was paid for upfront by FirstPlus and added to the loan agreement. I then asked for a breakdown of all charges on the account and percentages to be told that it would cost £40 for the statement.

FirstPlus said that the loan PPI was paid for by them and the insurance was paid to Dial4aLoan as a broker for my secured loan. The insurance is/was with Jubilee.

I got a letter today from eversheds saying that they are going for a repossession based on the previous court appearance as i have not made any attempt to pay the loan back. I admit that i have not paid anything towards this as I wrongly assumed that FirstPlus was handling the PPI return and that would pay for the loan (yes stupidly i should have got confirmation from them that this was happening..)

Now then... I contact Eversheds who said that they have provided me with a break down of the arrears (but not a full financial breakdown) and that they want an income and expenditure form returned. I have also confirmed that as Dial4aLoan no longer exsist i should go back to the parent group who should have details of my PPI. I called up Welcome finanace. Guess what? They have no record of me.

Called Eversheds back. They said that my PPI was only valid for 5 years from the start of the loan period... eh? its a 15 year loan... who would take out a PPI for 5 years on a 15 year loan?

So to sum it up: My PPI (which i am still paying for (£8k+ on top of the original secured loan)) is no longer valid to protect me on a £33k loan... I can't pay it as i was made redundant.. FirstPlus no longer wish to speak to me and Eversheds want to take my house off me (which is now in negative equity) if i can't pay the arrears of £17k plus the £41k of the original loan and PPI.

surely i have been missold the product completely and should, in theory, get the PPI value cancelled on that basis? (or even the loan?)

Lots of questions... income and expenditure form on its way back to Eversheds....