Ebay Debt - Iqor Debt Recovery

JUICYFRUIT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

First of all, sorry if I have posted in the wrong section.

Ebay says that I owe them X amount of money, I say no because they closed me down for now reason.

I sent them a CCA request following the info on the template provided on this site.

They have now sent me a reply, I cannot upload the letter though as I am a newb here. So I will just tell you the jist of the letter.

'Our client Ebay does not have a copy of the credit agreements, but they say you have been advised of the Terms and Conditions during the sign up process.Your account has been placed on hold for two weeks to allow for you to respond'

I think that because they have not provided me with a copy of a credit agreement then they are stuffed, perhaps i'm wrong.

Would be grateful for any advice

Ebay's T&C's are a joke, there is no legal action that they can ever bring so i wouldn't worry.

Iqor are as much use as indicators on a submarine and can be ignored, your complaint lies with Ebay not some tin pot DCA.

Raise a formal dispute/complaint with Ebay themselves and ignore Iqor.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi there

First of all, sorry if I have posted in the wrong section.

Ebay says that I owe them X amount of money, I say no because they closed me down for now reason.

I sent them a CCA request following the info on the template provided on this site.

They have now sent me a reply, I cannot upload the letter though as I am a newb here. So I will just tell you the jist of the letter.

'Our client Ebay does not have a copy of the credit agreements, but they say you have been advised of the Terms and Conditions during the sign up process.Your account has been placed on hold for two weeks to allow for you to respond'

I think that because they have not provided me with a copy of a credit agreement then they are stuffed, perhaps i'm wrong.

Would be grateful for any advice

I had dispute with ebay over some charges - so i closed my account.

Kept getting calls from a DCA for collection and i told them i disputed the amount and wanted evidence. They told me to log onto my account for details - obviously i could not as i didnt have one anymore + once in dispute ebay close it anyway.

Just do as i did tell them you want evidence - get name and address of the DCA and sent them one of the template letters asking not to be contacted by telephone.

And then just ignore them. They get fed up aftyer a while.

Just ask them what their beef is, why did they feel it necessary to close your account, and if they haven't a valid reason tell em to go play on the motorway.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok so what is the right course of action. I had a letter from Geoffrey Parker Bourne today trying to claim that debt on Iqor's behalf.

I know that this debt is unenforceable, but the letters turn up at my parent's house, and they don't like it no matter that I tell them it's just scare tactics

I have safely ignored many of them, they just pass it back, then Eos Solutions appeared and disapeared.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Guest Cartaphilus

As previously said, don't bother with Igor or this new outfit, if you have a read around the internet - there are THOUSANDS of these cases of people owing money, being pursued but the key thing is to my knowledge none have gone anywhere near a court, in fact it's been known for someone to pay Ebay the debt (and it's fairly unusual for Ebay just to close an account without giving a reason but if you owe them money, after 3 months which is the usual amount of time given by them, they will pass it to someone like IJ or Igor and also suspended your account) up to a whole year following suspension of account and then it gets reinstated.

Also, regarding CCAs, it's a waste of £1 plus postage sending them to Ebay or Paypal because they do not apply to either/or. Which is why you have had that reply because no CCAs exist for Ebay.

You can fairly much be safe and ignore these people, everyone else has/does when faced with them. However, your account will remain closed on Ebay, exactly the same as any other company where a debt may be owed, you need to go back to Ebay and ask them why your account has been closed. Do not bother with either of these companies, also because they add fees on top of the debt. You would also have had a message in your online account informing you why your account had been closed. So I would check there as well.

Also, don't bother with their automated online system. Ebay has an address or used to, I would write to them and request them to give you information about why your account was shut down and then work from there. But as for these two outfits, ignore them.

You will get a few more letters, then more than likely nothing.

You could send GPB a letter stating that regardless of his threats you dispute the matter and know of no reason why they are requesting money for something you have no knowledge about and are in dispute with ebay/pp about it.

but the letters turn up at my parent's house, and they don't like it no matter that I tell them it's just scare tactics

If you send them the 'prove it' they will immediately disappear

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Thanks for your advice guys, really appreciate it

I think I will just send GPB a letter telling them to get lost, just for the sake of them not bothering me with mail.

As for Ebay, I really don't care about my old Ebay/PP account going down, so won't bother writing to them, you can open new ones if you know how.

Only been chased for Ebay so far, Paypal haven't pursued me yet, that's the big one lol, but will deal with it the same way.

Ok confused again, the link you sent took me to a page, then when I click on 18 it tells me to register again?. I register again and I log in and I get taken to the consumer forums homepage.

Infact I registered again somehow

A letter used when a debt collection agency contacts you about an unknown debt. Red script is editable

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt