problems with landlord and worried about having contract ended

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so about spelling no the best speller in the world

my bf has a few problem with his landlord but feels he cant stay anything as he on a monthly contract with him and maybe kicked out and as he was recently made unemployed he cant find affordable houseshares that accept unemployed people.

the problem he having is

• landlord has not supplied gas safety certificate and was rude when asked about it claiming only he can see it and accused my bf of annoying him on purpose about it after just 2 texts about it in 72 hours. he claims he sending someone round to do a new one at the end of the month so we waiting and seeing about this.
  • no evidence of his deposit being put in a scheme and after the way the landlord acted about the gas safety my bf finding it hard to ask about it.
  • a horrible smell that getting stronger (maybe blocked drain or a dead animal) for almost a week and a half but as other housemate cant smell it my bf know his landlord wont do anything about it.
  • not sure if the landlord has to do anything about this but my bf wasnt told that the fire alarms were not working when he moved in.
  • never seen any paper work other than his tentancy agreement what other paper work should of been supplied.
  • another thing not sure if landlord is responsable for but one of his housemate has sold the visitor parking pass so no one can have visitors who drive unless they want a 30 min walk from the nearest no residental parking space or a £60 fine.

any help will be great as citizen advice told him just keep his mouth shut if he wants to keep living there and no to bother his landlord

Citizens advice are wrong.

When did he move in? What type of tenancy agreement does he have?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I assume the landlord does not live in the same property? What was the value of the deposit, and how much is the monthly rent?

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

OK. Unless the deposit is protected, he cannot be evicted under S21.

Is he in arrears?