Rhinotested

Frederickson International and Littlewoods

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3259 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

New to the site

I recently had a letter through from the above collectors, but to my knowledge I didn't think I owed Littlewoods anything, let alone £1500. I have searched through a few other posts with similar circumstances and it says that I should ask for a CCA. My questions are what is a CCA and also where can I find the template for such. I tried following a link on another page and it starts getting confusing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

when was YOUR last financial use [in/out] of this A/C?

sounds like a phishing letter

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Don't bother with a CCA request as yet. I would do a prove it letter first. Letter 18 here:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors.html

Some rules for dealing with DCA's

NEVER ring them. If they ring you, refuse to go through security and say "In writing only."

Never hand sign a letter. Print your name

All letters to them by Recorded Delivery. Track it via Royal Mail website

Keep all letters AND envelopes from them.

I will move this thread to a more relevant forum for you.

Fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Fredricksons and their partner in the DCA Industry, Bryan Carter are well known on this forum. Usually their letters are pishing letters, sent to see if they can catch somebody by surprise. They have very little other than a name and an amount to go on.

Send the letter as advised above. Watch out for a 'You have a parcel to collect, ring this number' card or a card saying 'Contact xxx for important news' as those are other modus operandii of the firm.

Roxhburghe is another link in this chain, along with HFO Capital/Services....

DX - I can't remember the last time I actually did anything with Littlewoods account. If I were to hazard a guess I'm thinking about 4 years ago....

And thanks for advice from all... Looking at another thread elsewhere I went with the CCA request which I sent today, as wasn't entirely sure what to do. so will see what comes of that I suppose. The annoying thing is, they have sent the letter to my mother's address, which I once was briefly, and she's getting all bent out of shape over it, otherwise I would have ignored it.

Well Freds and Mr Carters trick in to write to previous addresses to see if there is a response.

If there isn't he serves court papers there, so he wins by default as you are unaware that the papers have been served.

I know it's waaaayyyy bit late, but thank you for your help with this ... Turns out they dropped it :D

However, I now have another one through which states they are working on behalf of Department for Work and Pensions.... Anyone else heard of them? Did a search but couldn't find anything

The DWP are sending out debts to various DCAs. These are generally debts where they are unable to recover the amount from benefits.

If you were on benefits and were overpaid or had a loan then got a job, they would send this type of debt out

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE