Carphone Warehouse 14 day Coverage Guarantee

MaxxPower
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a little surprised to see nobody has mentioned this so far.

I heard an advert on the radio last night about Carphone Warehouse now offering a 14 day coverage promise with all mobile contracts sold. Basically, if you buy a phone and find you don't have a signal at your house, you can go back to store and they'll switch you over to a different mobile network, presumably at the closest equivalent contract rate offered by that network. I expect you'd need to pay (or be refunded) any difference in handset prices, or you may be given the option of choosing an alternative handset if there is a price difference.

This also applies to mobile broadband dongles aswell.

However it should be noted that, at least as far as I'm aware, they will only change your network. The 14 days will not allow you to cancel the contract completely, so don't expect to be able to use it as an excuse to cancel the contract. The only exception to this might be if none of the networks offered by Carphone Warehouse offer reception at your home.

Some more details can be found on Carphone Warehouse's website - http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view%28%29=c{bebb2480-b4ff-11df-4d0c-f20203001e3d}&intcmp=hp-serv2-1079

I do hope someone reports them to the ASA for not adding that their offert 'does not affect your rights'. As if you got home and found no coverage, the NETWORKS will permit you to cancel, and not force you to go to a competitor... as it appears CW would do. Add to this would they let you try out network 2 without a contract so as to ensure no re-run of the original cancellation? I doubt it. An how many times will they let you change? ONce, twce?

This will backfire on them.