Advice with Settlement Figure with Egg and Moorcroft!!

1173carld
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Group,

Just need some advice on my current situation as I'm a bit stuck with what to do next.

I am currently in a payment plan with Moorcroft for my Egg credit card which has been ongoing for 2 years.

The outstanding balance is sitting at £5,100. I think it's also important to note that Egg served me with a default when I got into financial difficulty just under 2 years ago

My parents havebeen kind enough to offer me some money to clear a couple of my debts as I am struggling on a month to month basis.

From looking on this site I thought it would be a good idea to initially present Moorcroft with an offer of full and final settlement - I put forward a figure of £2500 together with a income and expenditure form for them to consider.

Moorcroft came back to me a week later and told me that my offer of £2500 had been declined and that they would accept £3900. I then managed to secure an extra £500 by asking my sister to lend me the money.

I then went back to Moorcroft last week and said that £3000 was my final offer and that I could not afford anymore. They explained that they would go back to Egg and propose this figure.

They have come back to me today and told me that is has been declined again and they will only accept the £3900.

I'm at a loose end wih what to do now. I thought they would jump at a chance to close this account down due to the issues I've had and the fact they I've been in a payment for plan nearly 2 years.

Anybody got any ideas or been in a similar situation..?

Thanks

Carl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK folks , so had a response from Lloyds and need some guidance as not surewhere I stand with this.

The response is as follows...:

Encloses is a copy of the reconstituted version of your executed agreement, a copy of your current terms and conditions and a signed statement of your account.

By providing you with the documents attached we have satisfied our obligation to provide a copy of the executed agreement under section 78.

There is no requirement under the CCA to provide you with a copy of the original signed agreement, but notwithstanding that fact please find a copy of the front page of the orginal agreement proving your signature.

The prescibed terms of the agreement would have been validly incorporated into the agreement on the reverse of the enclosed sheet or a seperate attaached sheet.

Having satisfid our obligation under section 78, the agreeement that you have with us is fully enforceable and we shall continue to treat it as such.

We will not be entering into any further correspondence with you regarding the provision of copy agreements.

They have sent me the first 2 pages of my signed credit agreement and a a generic set of t&c that look like somebody has just recently printed them off....

Would really appreciatesome advice on this folks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...