Yorkshire Water have it IN for me -- Help

jimbo45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I've had a couple of run ins with Yorkshire Water -- apart from the fact that I defended a claim where they wanted to charge me around 85 GBP on a 50 GBP bill PLUS add on solicitors charges of 50 GBP I'm now getting email notification of a 3rd yes 3rd County court judgement.

I've explained to these bozos that I am working in France on a LONG term contract so PLEASE EMAIL my bill -- it is totally 100% pointless to send it to my UK address.

I get one email saying we for "security reasons" CANNOT send a bill by email.

So what do I do now -- I will defend of course but surely these people MUST have mechanisms for people to pay bills when they are away working on long term contracts.

In this day and age what's wrong with sending the bill by email.

I don't have a fixed address in France since I often "switch hotels" during the week to keep costs down.

Can I also get them for a Vexatious Claim. --I'm NOT denying a bill or even refusing to pay it -- but their accounts procedures seems to be totally unused to the idea that people DO take out of country contracts.

Much as I like Yorkshire i'm sure most inhabitants of that county do realize the world doesn't stop at Hull or Doncaster.

Cheers

jimbo

Hi there

Its "technically" lived in -- however the problem is in NOT with the amount of the bill usually around 50 GBP judging by the CCJ's they send out and previous bills - not a huge deal- but its just that they REFUSE to send me the amount of bill until I get a County Court POC.

This costs every time 50 GBP B/S solicitors costs plus court costs and other stuff on a really utterly absurdly small amount of bill which I have NO problem in paying.

I feel like putting a bit of sugar in the Solicitors cars petrol tanks might be the only way to solve this one since all REASONABLE methods seem to fail -- what is WRONG with sending out an email with the bill and then I can use the online system to pay it.

Cheers

jimbo

Hi there

thats the next step but meanwhile I've got Nr 3 CCJ attempt from Northampton -- I'm going to attempt to defend o course but their sols will probably come out with some TINY small print on "Service and supply conditions" that will get them off the hook.

This is a DISGUSTING episode -- someone is TRYING to pay yet their mechanisms make it IMPOSSIBLE and I'm being served CCJ's like confetti.

I don't care about CRA's etc as I don't have, want or use Credit cards so CRA's to me are a waste of time anyway but I don't want to keep having to pay for some LAZY solicitors Free lunch every so often at 50 GBP a pop -- apart from also providing work for the Northampton Court.

Cheers

jimbo

Hi there

will get that off tomorrow -- meanwhile I STILL presumably have to submit a defence to the Northampton Court -- what a MESS when I actually DON'T have any problem in paying the bill.

When I get back to the UK I'll look at making a Borehole --might cost 3,000 GBP but at least it will get Yorkshire Water out of my hair.

Around Hull, Beverly etc there's no probs with getting water out of a borehole.

There's MORE than enough water for 100,000's of people to get their water this way too -- the 3,000 GBP spent IMO will be WELL WORTH IT and two fingers to the worst water company in the entire universe.

Cheers

jimbo

Could you not log an account online with them? That way you can check your bill and pay it online when it comes in etc?

As for defending it at Northampton, you could simply pay the bill you owe using their automated systems ...just pay what you owe and once paid ring YM and tell them you've paid it etc.

It worked for me a long time back...

I don't think they can send you a bill online, I have an account with British Gas that tells me I have a bill, I log on and there it is but it's never been sent to me and I'm on paperless billing with them

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

If only it was that simple.

They ALLOW you to pay online but I CAN'T GET WHAT MY BILL IS -- that's been the whole wretched problem all the way through -- not paying because I CANT GET THE BILL -- Not because I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY.

THis is why in this case the whole system is UTTERLY ABSURD.

Cheers

jimbo

Hi, we're currently developing an online portal where customers will be able to log on view and pay there bill, this will be implemented early next year.

With regards to your current problem you could either get someone in the UK to get your bill and pay it or gain a copy of your bill scan it and then email it to you.

RTFQ.....

They ALLOW you to pay online but I CAN'T GET WHAT MY BILL IS -- that's been the whole wretched problem all the way through -- not paying because I CANT GET THE BILL -- Not because I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY.

Payment is not the problem, actually being able to view the bill is.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest Cartaphilus
Hi, we're currently developing an online portal where customers will be able to log on view and pay there bill, this will be implemented early next year.

With regards to your current problem you could either get someone in the UK to get your bill and pay it or gain a copy of your bill scan it and then email it to you.

Erm.

Surely in this day and age this problem can be solved!!! Why on earth is there not an online facility already? Most utility companies have had them for years. I think that the lack of a reasonably expected online site is a problem for Yorkshire Water to solve, and as this is now the third time this has happened, are they not able to see there is a problem at their end and not with their customer!!

Of course they can send an e-mail, just being pedantic. They need to invest in an ITdepartment and spend less on issuing Legal proceedings.

Guest Cartaphilus

Just a minute ... I just went to look at YW's site and there is a section for entering your reference number and paying your bill. Am I getting confused or is this another thing you are talking about?